Does Coral Band Shrimp grow back their pincer???

• SRC Member

Hi

Just bought a Coral Band Shrimp from a reefer....(I have one myself)...the moment I put it in my tank.....both were on guard!! and for a moment I walk off and come back....one of them have their pincer drop off :( very likely from a fight.... <_<

Will they grow back??? sigh!!! :cry:

• SRC Member

Thanks Octopuffy but I guess will be one big one small...hahaha poor thing :lol:

Now one is at the front of my tank and the other behind hiding behind the LR. Will they be friends again?? :rolleyes:

By the way can anybody advise if they will attack doctor shrimp?? <_< Thinking of getting one.....

• SRC Member

Coral banded shrimp will not attack blood shrimp or cleaner shrimps. Only attack their own kind. If u hv a big tank then no prob

I had kept 2 in same 5 ft tank b4 with no fighting at all.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
Hi

Just bought a Coral Band Shrimp from a reefer....(I have one myself)...the moment I put it in my tank.....both were on guard!! and for a moment I walk off and come back....one of them have their pincer drop off :( very likely from a fight.... <_<

Will they grow back??? sigh!!! :cry:

yes they will.. my female boxer lost her pincer last week n 2 days later saw the empty shell laying on the sandbed.. and she have a new pair of pincers.. :)

• SRC Member
Coral banded shrimp will not attack blood shrimp or cleaner shrimps. Only attack their own kind. If u hv a big tank then no prob

I had kept 2 in same 5 ft tank b4 with no fighting at all.

who say they won't attck blood or cleaner..

i saw my band eat my cleaner... sianz.. luckily my blood fiece enough else also gatta eatten...

I had a older coral band shrimp for about 6 months and all it did was hide in the day and feed in the dark; until I added another coral band shrimp recently. They are now a happy couple going out in the open looking for food within whisker length of each other. Tank size: 400 litre. By the way, the older shrimp has his pinchers pull out twice by a yellow tang and it grew back within a week.

• SRC Member

Wow!!! They spawned!! :blink: Amazing man! So I guess these will become food for the corals??

Now I am relieve....they grow back...hehe. :P Anyway...I will try to keep the 2 Coral Band and hopefully they can live peacefully....They are amazing creatures..... :rolleyes: