Cooling Fan in Main or Sump Tank???

bkburger

• SRC Member

I would prefer to blow across main tank, as this will take away heat from the lighting. Sump tank is good if there is ventilation, else not very effective if sump is in an enclosed cabinet.

• SRC Member

you can also consider a fan on both tank and sump. just take care of the evaporation. :peace:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Main tank!

Though cabinet have vent but still it's not as free as main tank.

Most effective I find...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

You can have a strong air pump to bubble air in the sump, this way can also get rid of the "heat" as it helps evaporation of water, but the salt remain behind so you have to top water.

• SRC Member

...but if your cabinet is enclosed, having the fan inside would probably be quieter. :thumbsup:

Lol... When air also cannot get out of coz quiet la...

But no use la. Waste effort waste electric bill...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

cheaper way , to use chillier

Y u say that?

By purchasing a chiller already more ex than a fan le.

Then every month bill for chiller compare to a fan definitely gonna be alot more ex.

Need a pump for chiller as well.

Catch no balls pls enlighten.

Only thing for fan is they can never achieve the kind of temp the chiller can achieve n evaporation takes place faster than a chiller.

Need top up water very frequent.

• SRC Member

Y u say that?

By purchasing a chiller already more ex than a fan le.

Then every month bill for chiller compare to a fan definitely gonna be alot more ex.

Need a pump for chiller as well.

Catch no balls pls enlighten.

Only thing for fan is they can never achieve the kind of temp the chiller can achieve n evaporation takes place faster than a chiller.

Need top up water very frequent.

:agreed: unless you stay in Middle East where H2O is more expensive than electricity. :D:D

Thank you all for the reply. Another question, dont want to open another tread, i am staying in HDB, may i know what is the biggest tank(feet) you have ever see ina hdb? Dont care whether got HDB approved bo, just want to know how big you have seen and do you think it ok to have a 6 feet tank plus say 4 fet sump in a hdb? Tqqqqqqqqqqqqq