A devil in my tank

yellowtang

help me to get this 2-3 " blue bellus angel :evil: out of my reef tank, dead or alive.

I have tried beta box, fish hook but to no avail. Its eating my acan alive :thumbdown:

Tried chasing it with a net, but broke 2 sps for nothing. :chair:

Please share your experience or your braining storming ideas.

Me thought :idea: of getting a very intense laser pointer to shoot it. Can it work ?

Appreciate your help.

Note : my reef tank is quite congested.. and she is a devil in disguise. :fear:

thanks aplenty

• SRC Member

hi... what size hook you use?

I previously use size 22 or 20 hook (the smallest I can find at the Changi tackle shop)... the hook should be used with really fine line...it works best when I stop feeding for a day or so to get them really hungry... small bits of prawn should work fine...

BTW, I never have any results with traps...

Hope this helps... happy fishing... :P

help me to get this 2-3 " blue bellus angel :evil: out of my reef tank, dead or alive.

I have tried beta box, fish hook but to no avail. Its eating my acan alive :thumbdown:

Tried chasing it with a net, but broke 2 sps for nothing. :chair:

Please share your experience or your braining storming ideas.

Me thought :idea: of getting a very intense laser pointer to shoot it. Can it work ?

Appreciate your help.

Note : my reef tank is quite congested.. and she is a devil in disguise. :fear:

thanks aplenty

wher do u stay bro? maybe u can try put the acan inside e beta box since it like to eat ur acan... c if it works... btw if ur selling tat bellus angel, do pm me ya... interested... :) gd luck...

Thanks, cool guy. I have 13 pieces of acans, so its not possible to do that. If i can capture the blue devil, it well be yours for a penny.

I previously use size 22 or 20 hook (the smallest I can find at the Changi tackle shop)... the hook should be used with really fine line...it works best when I stop feeding for a day or so to get them really hungry... small bits of prawn should work fine...

Raiden, i used size 4 ( japanese brand ). This fish is not as hungry as the rest because it feeds on my acan. In fact,3 other wrasses took the bait but i did not pull the line. This devil does not hit and run but instead nibble at the side :angry2:

wher do u stay bro. if at tamp, maybe i can come over to ur place n help...

Bro Cool Guy, you are GREAT :thumbsup:

But I stay in the west, Clementi west st1.

I can pick you up at clementi mrt, even that would be too unfair to you. However, if you can trap it or i trap it using your method, this devil is yours for keeping. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really appreciate your help. :D

cheers

Hi bro,

Did you try this method by another reefer ?

you could use your acan as a bait to lure it in.. devil.gif

Many kumsias, Boss HM. I think this trap is more useful for smaller fishes and if there is space for it. I am handicapped by the lack of space. This devil is no ordinary fish. It challenges me and fellow reefers ! :pinch: I am at a loss :(

Wah the angel so naughty arh? The previous time i visited you still can see some polyp, now botak liao? :shock:

Young Alex5, you are my witness. I dont do the Ms Bell wrong. BTW, hope you do well in your "O" levels. I asked you to sms me yr result, didnt I? P Tang, ok ?

tats bad man... until botak... but the fish is nice. clementi kind of far... c if i ever go to my mun place at bt bk, i wil infd u...

Thanks, CG. I will break the tank to get her ! Maybe i should put a octopus in ? My no. 82010133.

cheers

Sorry mike can't be there to help you catch the fish, unless you can wait till next tues when i'm back from outstaion.

Here is a trusted fish trap that i have used to catch all sizes fishes from purple tang, yellow tail angel, flame angel and eibli angel. The only fish that manage to escape was the 6 line wrasse which i forgot they burrow into sand.

post-1286-0-21490100-1294672850_thumb.jp

Its a Mesh that you can find at any DIY shop and made it into a cylindrical shape using cable ties.

Once its done remove all your acans except the bait, place your acan (bait) into the trap. Let the fish know that the only place for acans is in the trap.

Raise the trap above the bait and wait for the fish to enter/try to nip the acan.

Once its in you can shut the mesh and it will be secured due to the sand holding it down.

All the best,

Sorry mike can't be there to help you catch the fish, unless you can wait till next tues when i'm back from outstaion.

Here is a trusted fish trap that i have used to catch all sizes fishes from purple tang, yellow tail angel, flame angel and eibli angel. The only fish that manage to escape was the 6 line wrasse which i forgot they burrow into sand.

post-1286-0-21490100-1294672850_thumb.jp

Its a Mesh that you can find at any DIY shop and made it into a cylindrical shape using cable ties.

Once its done remove all your acans except the bait, place your acan (bait) into the trap. Let the fish know that the only place for acans is in the trap.

Raise the trap above the bait and wait for the fish to enter/try to nip the acan.

Once its in you can shut the mesh and it will be secured due to the sand holding it down.

All the best,

Many midnight thanks to you, bro Eniram. I will really consider your method. All my acans are cemented to the rockwork. But yet, i cannot like the devil :evil: mock me! I will remove them to get her. So sleep well :snore: , blue devil, you are doomed soon.. :rip:

cheers

• SRC Member

hi bro

if this hooks does not work for you let me know, as i have a even smaller hook provided i can find it...

post-1059-0-00538800-1294673473_thumb.jp

post-1059-0-07561100-1294673482_thumb.jp

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

hi bro

if this hooks does not work for you let me know, as i have a even smaller hook provided i can find it...

Bro Sunny, I am using hooks of the same size. This fish is just too clever. It seems to recognise the danger and would not take the bait. I am thinking of using multiple hooks and hopefully can hook any part of her body by pulling the lines when she is near. Appreciate your offer. :ThanxSmiley:

cheers

Mike don't kill it. Will adopt from you if you ever manage to catch it.

oh no, now i am the criminal.. :fear:

No la, killing is the last resort.. i will torture it first..hahaha.. :yahoo:

joke aside, if i catch it alive, i will give away. If i get dead, i will say a little prayer.. :heh:

cheers

• SRC Member

Bro Sunny, I am using hooks of the same size. This fish is just too clever. It seems to recognise the danger and would not take the bait. I am thinking of using multiple hooks and hopefully can hook any part of her body by pulling the lines when she is near. Appreciate your offer. :ThanxSmiley:

cheers

the gap of the hook u are using is 3mm ?? i dont remember seeing any japaness hooks with 3mm gap..

With this hook i manage to hook my long nose hawk, barleet before i hook my angel. let me know if u would like to try it.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I cant go on . Too late for me. But keep the ideas flow in.. I will response tomolo. I will delicate tomolo as the D Day. Offensive with no letup. I will show that reefer supreme prevails. This order shall not be broken, not by the devil, not by ms Bell.

Goodnite and thank all reefer bros. :bow:

bro if u intend to use a fishing hook, do de-barb the hook first before using - lesser damage to the fish and easier to release. Just use a pair of needlenose pliers to crush the barb. PM me if you need more info.

the gap of the hook u are using is 3mm ?? i dont remember seeing any japaness hooks with 3mm gap..

With this hook i manage to hook my long nose hawk, barleet before i hook my angel. let me know if u would like to try it.

• Senior Reefer

that's a very beautiful bellus. pls don't kill it......

bellus angels are not very common fishes and finding a healthy one is difficult. yours looks to be a very gorgeous female specimen in it's prime.

angels are attracted to dying or unhealthy corals. corals that are receeding, bleaching, injured are all beacons to the angels. you sure the acan was super healthy in it's prime?

just to give the fish the benefit of the doubt.

if not, then by all means remove the fish. it's not worth it to let a bellus angel eat up your expensive corals.

but i urge you one more time don't kill it.

that's a gorgeous specimen and if no one want it, i want it. but looks as though many people here are interested in it. it will have a good home.