need advise

Trust me don't, i try before all my hardiest fish died. :cry:

But you can try catching all the fishes out and put them in quarrantine then when you rescape wait for tank to cycle.

After finish cycle then you add the fish back slowly, think should be okay, dont follow my footsteps :cry2:

• SRC Member

BTW, does your tank have sand, or BB?

I'm not experienced with sand but not sure if the casualty may be the result of toxic released when disturbing the sand bed?

Anyway, I rescaped my BB tank a coupled of times with the fishes inside & it turned out ok. Somehow, they know how to siam to another corner while I work on the LR. I couldn't see too clearly due to the dust swirling in the water, & worried that I might have crushed some poor fish hiding next to a LR. To cut a long story short, it's a stressful ordeal for both the fishes & me, but we made it thru'.

Tip: If you need to temporarily remove your tank lighting to do the scaping, then you'll need to prepare for alternate lightings (on the side maybe). I was practically half blind with both my arms in the tank, wishing my eyes were growing out of my belly button instead.

• SRC Member

Tip: If you need to temporarily remove your tank lighting to do the scaping, then you'll need to prepare for alternate lightings (on the side maybe). I was practically half blind with both my arms in the tank, wishing my eyes were growing out of my belly button instead.

TRUE... but your last statement was damn FUNNY.. but that's my wish too whenever i tried to pick up something from the sandbed of my 2.5' tall tank.

• SRC Member

ok thanx... how bout i move step by step. like on the right side first. rest 1 day. then on the left side. rest another day. and lastly in the middle. do tat help?

i think this should be ok bro ... so long as i guess you've already planned what to do and which rocks to go where ... spend less time (your hands) in the tank, and specially if you would be using epox, then really have to do step by step and not contaminate the water as much. good luck :)

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

Catching the fishes out into another tank is a good idea. Trap your fishes way before u want to rescape the rocks.

After all fishes caught,bring out all rocks.

Steer sand n vacuum out all the dirt.Make a 50% or more water change then put back rocks.

Few days later then release back those fishes...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

the problem is tat i got too many fish to catch... not easy... n i don hav a tamporary tank to hold the fish... hmmm... maybe jus do abit of rescape... bit by bit i guess...

yea bit by bit rescape will be best...

those tangs i kept before i re-scape the whole tank just to catch out damsels... lucky they are strong fighters....

if all fishes are bui bui and healthy, shoudl not be an issue..

There is a saying in chinese fat shows that the family is well fed. So your fishes are well fed and taken care of. Nothing -ve all very +ve for you and your family for 2011.

Have you seen a skinny goldfish?

thanx bro Eniram... wish u n ur family well too...

hmmm.... skinny goldfish.... LOL.... :)

Shift bit by bit is the best option.

Things to take note.

1) Shut down your wave maker, pump, anything that might cause movement in your main tank.

2) Do not lift up the rock out from your water. It will cause a lot of particles to wash out/off the rock.

3) Handle with care in those rocks sitting on the sand bed.

4) You might want to measure the Ammonia and NO2 after your work is done.

Good Luck.

I had done a no. of times. Thanks God, so far so good.

• SRC Member

Tough job. Bit by bit. Happy rescaping.

Luckily your tank is not those 2.5' in height wan else will die lol.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!