Singapore angel

Hi does anybody have any experience with this angel? ive seen one recently and im quite tempted to try it but according to research it seems a pretty challenging fish to keep and i dont want to waste my efforts on such a fish..so if anyone can share their experience or thoughts on it ill appreciate it ^^

mine accept prepared food pretty soon

iirc i introduce after flame, midnight and coral beauty

healthy specimen and luck is all you need

is there any special food u used to tempt it? like garlic soaked food or something? cos ive got 1 now for about 2 days in my quarantine tank but its apparently not showing any interest in brine shrimp or pellets, it just swims right past it

plenty of rocks for them to hide or hunt. Get a pair is better, you have a high chance of keeping one alive.

cheers

haha i understand but i dont dare to put in main tank yet, if it dont want prepared food it may end up like my sohal tang, pecking on live rocks only till it finally died of malnutrition

• SRC Member

You can blend the garlic and use the garlic juice to soak ur food.If not seachem has a product know as the garlic guard for you to soak your food in. Neither pellets or mysis but mostly done for frozen food. Some pellets are also formulated to have garlic inside.

depending on individual, some like to soak the frozen food over nigh.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

Hi does anybody have any experience with this angel? ive seen one recently and im quite tempted to try it but according to research it seems a pretty challenging fish to keep and i dont want to waste my efforts on such a fish..so if anyone can share their experience or thoughts on it ill appreciate it ^^

Singapore waters also have the six-barred angel and the blue-ringed angel. So there r 3 types of local angels.

Under the right environment, all three should be able to survive.

Finbir.

Singapore waters also have the six-barred angel and the blue-ringed angel. So there r 3 types of local angels.

Under the right environment, all three should be able to survive.

Finbir.

im not sure about six-barred, but ive kept blue ring angels before and they proved to be pretty easy to acclimate and feed ^^ but im having difficulties getting the singapore angel to even eat a bite of prepared food

im not sure about six-barred, but ive kept blue ring angels before and they proved to be pretty easy to acclimate and feed ^^ but im having difficulties getting the singapore angel to even eat a bite of prepared food

The problem lies with getting a healthy specimen. Usually if the guy is okay, even 'off-limit' like the regal will start eating on day one. Angels

can't resist live artemia not to mention the frozen mysids.Ur fish's refusal to touch food spells bad news. My previous charges even go for market

lettuce attached to Acropora bit with rubber band.

Happy hunting.

Finbir.

• SRC Member

A healthy specimen is very important. For fishes that are shy, you will need to spend more effort to ensure that they are feeding before releasing into your main display. The best place to do that will be a separate tank like quarantine.

Cheers

you need a fat healthy specimen so that it can "suffer" through the initial phrase

a matured tank with good water parameter and natural source of food, eg algae, pods, will greatly increase your success rate

my golden angel only nip on rocks for weeks, then after start taking pellets

cheers

• Senior Reefer

correction.

the singapore angel is NOT found in Singapore.

i don't know why it has that name. but it's found in japan south to the philippines and also in papua new guinea.

singapore waters however, do have the blue ring angel. Pomacanthus annularis.

• SRC Member

correction.

the singapore angel is NOT found in Singapore.

i don't know why it has that name. but it's found in japan south to the philippines and also in papua new guinea.

singapore waters however, do have the blue ring angel. Pomacanthus annularis.

Lemon i caught singapore angel Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus in St John island before.

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/guidebooks/marinefish/text/334.htm

post-4953-0-18515900-1295709791_thumb.jp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Senior Reefer

Lemon i caught singapore angel Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus in St John island before.

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/guidebooks/marinefish/text/334.htm

WHAT!?

that's impossible!!!

ok then i take back what i say! singapore angel is found in singapore.

although i don't know if st john's island is considered singapore singapore, or part of some other sea that overlaps with it's natural range.

haha.

• SRC Member

WHAT!?

that's impossible!!!

ok then i take back what i say! singapore angel is found in singapore.

although i don't know if st john's island is considered singapore singapore, or part of some other sea that overlaps with it's natural range.

haha.

Confirm la. I don't bluff you haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Senior Reefer

Confirm la. I don't bluff you haha.

haha no la not saying u bluff.

that's good news then!

i dont want singapore angel.

i want the grey tail poliorus angel.

Chaetodontoplus poliorus. new species haha.

post-15755-0-71469900-1295713021_thumb.p