Distilled Water With Delivery

• SRC Member

Hi All

Does anyone has any recommendation or contact on distilled water with delivery services ??? :ThanxSmiley:

Getting Sick & tired of AREES WATER . :angry:

Always get PILOT from them . :angry:

Main tank: 48 x 24 x 22

Skimmer: BM

Return pump: Eheim 1264

Wavemaker: Tunze 6065, 6085 & Hydor Koralia 5

Lighting: Beamworks Led

Enductor Fluidized Reactor FR30 : NP Pellets

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

PMed.

AREES Water! I had bad experience with them when i stopped the order.

For more than 6 months liao, i haven't got back my deposit.

The ordering hotline lady will tell you it is not under their care for refund of deposit.

You need to call the main office but no one will care about u!

So folks out there, good luck if u decided to stop ordering from them and asked for your deposit back.

The best thing to do is to contra off the water bill.

Hi All

Does anyone has any recommendation or contact on distilled water with delivery services ??? :ThanxSmiley:

Getting Sick & tired of AREES WATER . :angry:

Always get PILOT from them . :angry:

Tom

• SRC Member

for the tank...WC

Since for water change y dun order NSW n change directly.

Dun need mix salt. Troublesome. Save time. :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Thank U Bros for your recommendation & advice . :thumbsup:

TLF PhosBan Reactor

PMed.

AREES Water! I had bad experience with them when i stopped the order.

For more than 6 months liao, i haven't got back my deposit.

The ordering hotline lady will tell you it is not under their care for refund of deposit.

You need to call the main office but no one will care about u!

So folks out there, good luck if u decided to stop ordering from them and asked for your deposit back.

The best thing to do is to contra off the water bill.

Wow, I just started with Arees after hearing good reviews from a few bros.

Herewith is my problem with Candid / Alphues:

• Deposit $150
  • Minimum 8 Bottles per month
  • Compulsory GIRO deduction
  • Sales person disappeared after contract is signed
  • Delivery guy is prompt, courteous and friendly
  • Tank leak and told them to stopped delivery but Giro can continue
  • Rejected and suggested that they changed all 5gal bottles to 350ml bottles of approx the same value
  • So end up with several hundred 350ml bottles outside my door one Saturday without prior notice
  • Called customer service, told that its management decision - collect all 5gal bottles and replace with 350ml
  • As the contract is about to end, they have send me all balance (700 bottles) in 1 trip!!!
  • After speaking with the "manager", we settled to 350 bottles to be deliver next month
  • Indicated to the manager that I will not be continuing their contract and wanted my deposit back, told me to write it
  • After 3 months, called to enquire deposit, told me that they are processing
  • After 4 months, still processing, lodge report with CASE and emailed Candid plus cc CASE - no response or acknowledgement
  • After 5 months, employed the debt collector's tactic - me and my wife call continuously (minimum 2 calls per day)
  • Collected deposit after 6 months

I hope Thomas experience with Arees and my experience with Candid are isolated case but nevertheless, I hope our experiences will let you guys have an indications of what to expect.

Reasons why I chosen Arees are:

• They only require $50 deposit, so even they take longer to refund, I think it will not pissed me that much
    • Their charge per bottle is cheaper than Polar and Alpheus - Sorry will not reveal, call them and let them quote you
    • Minimum 5 bottles per month
    • COD, when no one home, they will leave the bottles and collect payment later (within 7 days)
    • I have salesman email and mobile number

I know Mopiko also have a good deal, because he stay above Sheng Shiong, they deliver 1.5l distilled water to his door step and at a very attractive price. I tried looking for distilled water at my place's Sheng Shiong and the branch manager says they don't bring in due to low demands, besides, they also don't do delivery to my block unless I buy other groceries from them.

Another alternative is to go from RO/DI water.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

personally i never have any issues with Arees, been ordering from them for almost 2 years and have never encountered any issues, except for delivery which might not be prompt at times, but most of the time quite ok. I have some arrangements with them on this and they are very flexible, thus, not an issue for me. my $0.02.

hth

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

Sorry, hijack the thread.

Anyone staying in Choa Chu Kang area getting constant big bottle distilled water?

Can get from you at 1~2 bottles per month? Used for top-up only as i use NSW for water change.

Had been using 1.5liters bottles currently.

Its NOT environmentally friendly as had been I discarding the empty bottles.

• SRC Member

I've no issue with Arees too. In fact, i only call them whenever i need to change large volume of water. Otherwise, like Gouldian mentioned, i bot from Alpheus from Sheng Siong at 5 bucks per carton and with 2% discount if use sheng siong credit card. It's convenient cos the supermarket is just below my block and they deliver up for me. As for bottles, just bring to the recycle bin :)

• SRC Member

Sorry, hijack the thread.

Anyone staying in Choa Chu Kang area getting constant big bottle distilled water?

Can get from you at 1~2 bottles per month? Used for top-up only as i use NSW for water change.

Had been using 1.5liters bottles currently.

Its NOT environmentally friendly as had been I discarding the empty bottles.

No worries bro .It,s all about sharing in here . Save the earth . :thumbsup:

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• SRC Member

Arees water engage contractors to do their delivery services so i believe they are on commission base on the the no of bottles .

For those who order large quantities believe they have no issue with them but as i only order 3 bottles ( minimum order ) twice a month .

1st time pilot :( 2nd time pilot :angry: not acceptable .

TLF PhosBan Reactor

Arees water engage contractors to do their delivery services so i believe they are on commission base on the the no of bottles .

For those who order large quantities believe they have no issue with them but as i only order 3 bottles ( minimum order ) twice a month .

hmmm u gt call them to check? u r ordering more than me actually, usually i order only 3 bottles once a mth. try calling their sales/order dept n complain...im sure they can and will do something about it.

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Moderators

Might be the case for new customers i suppose.

I understand they had delivery day based on location. E.g. west mon/wed/fri and east tue/thu.

If based on what you mentioned on commission based delivery, so likely they preferred "bigger" order now.

But i would say could be a blessing in disguise.

Like what Gouldian mentioned about his exp on getting deposit back from supplier.

I had given up chasing them after 8 months now..

If a big company like them need 50 bucks donation, then be it.

I'm very happy with current supplier who had no qualms returning me part of the deposit when i reduce the number of bottles ordered bi-weekly.

In fact, he offered to do the partial refund on the spot when delivering rather than me asking.

A big plus IMO.

P.S. I don't earn commission anyway. in case folks feel i'm biased or promoting.

Tom

Have been using Arees many years back. And also renewed my order recently when i started my marine tank again. So far no problem. They have been rather prompt and the delivery man is courteous. The customer service/receptionist was replaced few months back when they shifted office. This new customer service officer sucks and cannot pass/take messages properly.

Other than that, everything else is alright. They are cheaper than the other companies too.

Hi guys, just wanted to share:

I was walking back after breakfast to my place last Saturday expecting the delivery of my Arees distilled water. From far, I saw a Polar truck driving up and parking at the loading bay of my block. As I walk nearer, I saw a familiar face - the "Arees" deliveryman. He came out of the truck and took 3 bottles of Arees distilled water from the polar truck that is filled with Polar, Arees distilled water plus some other brand which I could not make out.

I immediately approached him and accompanied him to my flat during which I asked why he is driving Polar truck and why there are Arees and Polar distilled water. He told me that Polar and Arees are distilled by Polar factory. :welldone: He revealed that Arees has contracted Polar to do the distillation for them quite some time and the distilled water are from the same stainless steel kettle, just using different bottles.

Hmmm... I have gotten quote from Polar and their price is definitely much higher than Arees, maybe Polar is targeting the more affluent market while Arees is cover the more budget conscious market. And if this is the case, I believe I have made the right decision of choosing Arees.

HTH

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

I just spoke with the salesman, he told me that Arees indeed is distilled by Polar. This because both Polar and Arees belongs to the same boss. As to the price different, he says its because Arees is a lesser known brand trying to capture market share thus is pricing competitively.

He also told me that Arees will be getting their own drivers soon so as to solve the delivery inaccuracy that some of their customers are currently experiencing.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Just like panda brand shoes are made from the same factory as nike :cheers:

Lol... That's a good one dude!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update on Arees distilled water after 3 months of usage.

I am very disappointed with the delivery. As mentioned earlier, Arees is getting water from Polar and have also contracted the delivery to Polar. Polar's drivers' priority is on their own water rather than Arees thus, in my 3 months of using them, they were never punctual.

Due to work and busy weekends schedule, my standing instruction is for delivery to come alternate Saturday before 10am. This was never a problem with Alpheaus as they simply schedule mine as the 1st location. However, Polar driver refuses to acknowledge this agreement and insist on sending the water at their own convenient time. They will just leave everything outside your door if you are not home!

For many Saturdays, we have to wait and call Arees office without any reasonable answers from their Customer Service and Sales.

In the end, I decided to cancel my contract with them and last night the sales person visited me at 9pm to request for another chance, I agreed.

For me, I think that if you are not those that is demanding in term of exact delivery timing or you constantly have someone at home during week days you will not encounter the problems I experienced. However, if you are like me, you may want to consider another company as I don't think their problems will be resolve in the near future.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of: