goniopora care

yellowtang

• SRC Member

Good experiment. Can I take a queue number first? For frags of your pink gonio?? Hahaha.

ur queue num should be num 4 whahahaha.

Too many hobby......too little money!

thanks gouldian for the link...i started fragging a green gonio 2day.some pic to see

if this survied then i may go ahead to frag the red gonio hehe.post-2925-0-61168800-1296574748_thumb.jp

Wow great! I wanted to frag but stop short of getting a rotary tool. Maybe, when you are done, you can loan me yours, I pass you a frag of G. stutchburyi after it survive the trauma.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Wah well done. So how do u cut it?? From top or bottom bro? Need to follow any skeletonal lines?

Do you use any iodide after the operation? I read from somewhere that it helps the corals to stabilize better (zoas too)..

Please do update the status on this thread yeah?

And yes... HUAT AH!!!

some update,borrow a camera from friend haha

pic taken few hrs ago.1st pic inside my 2feetpost-2925-0-89711800-1296920313_thumb.jp

2nd frag inside my 1feet haha

post-2925-0-81202400-1296920379_thumb.jp

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

My tank came with 2 gonio, looks the same as the ones shown here. I had read the article, but how do you know when they are feeding? Can see them "eating"?

Sorry, I am quite noob in reefing.

i just "flood" my tank with food like cyclops, brine shrimps n plankton + weekly dosage of amino acids

l7304smr.jpg

i just "flood" my tank with food like cyclops, brine shrimps n plankton + weekly dosage of amino acids

No need to target feed or something? I am trying to target feed zooplankton.

But how to tell if they are feeding? Can see them "eating"? Or it is plantlike and just continue swaying in the water?

• SRC Member

No need to target feed or something? I am trying to target feed zooplankton.

But how to tell if they are feeding? Can see them "eating"? Or it is plantlike and just continue swaying in the water?

hmmm...i have not personally seen them "eating"...but wat i do is to off my wavemakers, so that they can reach for the food...i read some forums that oyster eggs n brine shrimps works better for them.

l7304smr.jpg

hmmm...i have not personally seen them "eating"...but wat i do is to off my wavemakers, so that they can reach for the food...i read some forums that oyster eggs n brine shrimps works better for them.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to be sure they are healthy and not die off on me. hahaaha

they melt very fast...like sps

in fact one of my gonio just habis

still looking for red gonio

Dunno what that means, but this is my first marine tank and my first corals. I did a little reasearch and mine is Goniopora norfolkensis. Damned beautiful, thus want to make sure it survives.

• Like 1