Another LED Lighting Option made in china

peong

• SRC Member

I have recently gone down this path so can share some experience. Have a 2m and love it! Here are some things to take note

1. Make sure lighting frame which is long can be raised and locked in position easily for coral placing.

2. Have a top-up tank that is as large as possible (abt 10% of overall vol) so that you can use it for top up during water change. I also had the DI connected directly to top-up tank and recommend it. Design plumbing so that water drainage can happen without fussy hose but simply thru switching valves.

3. If you are using balling method, have plenty of room for 3 big 10 liter Jerry cans. The many corals will gobble minerals.

4. Invest in good wave makers which is important for sps but esp. for long tanks.

5. I use a compressor to save cabinet space. dun think a must though.

You can expect maintenance cost for big tanks to be higher but so is the enjoyment! Hope this helps.

Thx bro for your info., saw your tank and really gives me great inspiration as my tank position is exactly same as you, but yyours is a cabinet lean against the wall, mine thinking of hack down the wall and install a partition tank in between with ttwo side viewing. But is't easy to do rock scaping for SPS, mine desired tank width only @ 2ft. :unsure:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi bro, eagerly waiting for your reviews. would like to buy their stuff too but their website in chinese! cant read a damn thing hahaha

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

• SRC Member

Hi bro, eagerly waiting for your reviews. would like to buy their stuff too but their website in chinese! cant read a damn thing hahaha

haha... That's why MML want us to learn Mandarin... hehehe

• SRC Member

bro any review

i believe it has reached right...

maybe tomor or fri, will update. pm ur tunze 6000, wanted to know can it works for a 5ft SPS tank? what does it means singlecontroller?

Goods will be arrived at my office tomorrow morning by DPEX service. :groupwavereversed:

Dun 4get to post review hor..... :score: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Did you receive your goods?

Or are you enjoying it until forgot about us....

Yes yes I already received the goods, due to my busy renovation and office work, I really don't hv time to review, all things still very messy at my new house, just did a test run on the LED lighting and they light up, no corals to test as my new tank is not ready,

ALL I CAN SAY IS THEY ARE CUSTOM MADE, SO THE WORKMANSHIP OF COURSE CANNOT COMPARE WITH MAXSPECTS OR ECO LAMPS, BUT I'M SATISFIED WITH WHAT I PAIED AND WHAT I WANT AND WHAT I GET.

Sure I will post some pics when I'm more free, for the brightness I really cannot tell as I don't hv any measurement equirement on hand.

hi can i ask you, i know the default price does not include 3-way control switch and temperature control switch.(which cost 100RMB each)

how about the acrylic cover covering the LED at the bottom, is it included in the default price or i need to request for a cover at the bottom for another additional 100 RMB?

please advice

thanks

Jerome

• SRC Member

hi can i ask you, i know the default price does not include 3-way control switch and temperature control switch.(which cost 100RMB each)

how about the acrylic cover covering the LED at the bottom, is it included in the default price or i need to request for a cover at the bottom for another additional 100 RMB?

please advice

thanks

Jerome

acrylic cover is additional item, but better to get it in singapore at Dama which I find it cheaper.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks bro peong for helping to order the LED lights. Had some fun playing with it. The white from the LED really very white.

you can post ur new toy here, bro. :friends: