My dragon

Hon

• SRC Member

Cracked my head to hook the pump into my existing piping. The inlet and outlet of this pump is 40mm while my return piping is only 25mm. Since I can't modify my piping, I have to use a 40mm to 25mm reducer for return. This have causes much water flow reduction ...

Over all, its a really quiet pump ...

post-17-1072950149.jpg

• SRC Member

alvy,

Beri bad damage, no money for acro liao :(

I'm quite bad with technical term leh...

I think its like a eheim pump concept. I haven't open it up to inspect also, coz the rotor is lock inside a compartment, dunno how to open yet :P

• SRC Member
alvy,

Beri bad damage, no money for acro liao :(

I'm quite bad with technical term leh...

I think its like a eheim pump concept. I haven't open it up to inspect also, coz the rotor is lock inside a compartment, dunno how to open yet :P

wat i meant is unlike the eheim, or common powerhead with a magnet fitted to the impellor energise by some coil within the pump housing, your new pump impellor is directly connected to a motor within via a shaft or a networks of gears.??

from the structure, i cannot see how the impellar is connected to a magnet and the magnet being moved within a circular coil contruct..the impellor is located not centrally within the pump casing(like common powerhead or even magnectic external pump), but more of lopside towards the top! German technology is awesome!! with 115w, moving 12000l of water seems so unreal but yet they did it!! i wish i had the cash..hehe..but even if i do have, i have too many pumps running in my system to justify buying another one which cost a bomb. My wife will poison my tank!

• SRC Member

alvy,

You might be right. Maybe the impellor is connected directly to the motor. Becoz from the performace chart, as the flow of the pump reduced, so will the wattage consumed.

My wife blew her top when she learn that I bought this pump. But then she knew reefing is my passion ..kee..kee So she closed one eyes lor... :)