my four feet tank

ah^siao

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Garden eels!! I find them fascinating creatures but they are definitely not for beginners.

Hope they will survive long term... they are zooplanktivores and should be in a species only tank as they are extremely shy creatures. Try cyclopeze and see if they will pop out to feed.

And they will nullify the effects & benefits of a DSB because of their deep burrowing activity. In fact, it is recommeded that you provide a 12 inch DSB for them.

• SRC Member

wahahahhaz.... 12inch!!!

mine only like 5 inch.. hehe.. i got 3 in my tank..

my garden eels are feeding damn well they eat BS and MS.. ya...

u should see it....

the min they smell food.. they will start popping their head out.. then stretch out damn long.. like 2 inch plus 3 lidat... ya.. they'll just grap the food.. if too big piece then they go back to the hole.. and finish le then come out again..

my whole family simply loves my garden eels...my uncles and aunts too..everyone fanasticate by them

I am tempted to convert my empty cube refugium into a species only tank for garden eels.

I can easily do a 12 inch DSB, leaving me with 6 inch of water for an eel garden! :lol:

Actually, for a 3ft tank... you do seem quite overstocked.

Your AT may not do so well too... a 2 month tank is quite young for it. Your filtration system will be taxed heavily... and with garden eels affecting the denitrification benefits of a properly set up (and undisturbed) DSB... you're in danger of a crash or a major nuisance algae outbreak soon, IMO.

Just keep a close eye on your water quality or we'll see you restocking your livestock in a few weeks/months time. ;)