Glass Beads Sandbed

BarraCudaTM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in that case you can bubble ozone through those sanders woodstone in the tank itself since no fishes, corals or inverts liao.....faster and more effective...

the reason why we push it through skimmer is because we do not want excess ozone to leak into the main tank system...

but since you are vacating all life forms, then u can effectively nuke the whole tank water with ozone injection directly :)

• SRC Member
in that case you can bubble ozone through those sanders woodstone in the tank itself since no fishes, corals or inverts liao.....faster and more effective...

the reason why we push it through skimmer is because we do not want excess ozone to leak into the main tank system...

but since you are vacating all life forms, then u can effectively nuke the whole tank water with ozone injection directly :)

I will be plucking off the snails and emerald crabs before nuking it. I plan to soak all liverocks in freshwater and bubble it with ozone for 30mins or so.

• SRC Member

BarraCuda?

Sad to hear that your project is not working out fine....

Hope that you can get rid of them using the fresh water dip method. To recall, the isopods can survive in freshwater for quite a long period of time. the dip will make you will loose quite a bit of the rock's bio diversity. That's a point to think about.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Hmmm actually I was wondering why not just place a mandarin and a few doctor wrasse in. Sure to kill them all in a week's time. Unless the pods overwhelm them of cos. But due to the poisonous toxins on a mandarin's skin, pods may not attack a mandarin. This could be an interesting research on using nature to combat nature.

• SRC Member

The pods are quite big.. much bigger that what the cleaner wrasse can eat.

btw .. it might be a false alarm, I have a unknown 2" wrasse in there for a few days already so far I have not spotted any parasites on it. So it might be cirolanids and they are scavengers rather than predatory

• 2 weeks later...