Where to write in an appeal to LTA?

Achilles Tang

My wife again! :lol:

Went back to office on Sunday at Shenton Way. Parked at side of road... went toilet with colleague... came back.. kenna booked.

Where should I write in to LTA/TP? Anyone with experience?

If i am not mistaken this should be a traffic police summons.If that is the case,there is a appeals room @ TP HQ.You can try ur luck there but i don't think its that easy.My dad,a taxi driver,got booked for stopping in the bus lane to pick up a disabled man.Even that they still saman him! :evil: Good luck....

• SRC Member

I dont know if it is true or not. One of my friends said she appealed 4 times and was all successful.

For example, one time she park her car at HDB rubbish bin and got booked. She give the reason that her friend was drunk so had to send her friend upstair.

• SRC Member

AT u need to make a trip down to sin ming drive .

And appeal there.

There would be an officer on duty and u can just speak to him and u will know the results on the spot..

Mostly they would just reduce the fine.. if appeal is not a success..

This is what i did when i was riding.. Much better than writting in..

I always appeal whenever i got a ticket. and normal it's sucessful.

If the ticket doesn't have the fine amt then you have to wait for their letter. If it does, then you can write in. Address can be found on their website.

Their website won't have anything abt appeal cos they won't want to encourage public to appeal.

Nope... no such info. Only payment info.

Since no info, then who give you the summon? Then who do you pay to? It can be TP, LTA, URA, etc. Check n appeal accordingly. If this is your first time, 99% sure successful, if your reason is valid.

Cheers!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

Thanks... I did surfed to that page before making this query here in SRC. Nothing there on appeals.

appealing you need to write a long composition.Tell them how good they are, they did a good job.....but then let them know how and why...you park there.the best tell them u fetching KID....they let you go.Trust me i alway do these.KEKE. But first call and check who u should write to.Best luck

eh..? how come never ask me..!!??

I also go pang sai n come back kenna booked.

I wrote in and successfully appealed.

If the offence is first time, you will have a good chance.

Call in n ask for directions, the personnel listen to your call,

ask her for fax no. to appeal, (get her name too).

You will rec'd a letter in due time abt your letter.

Dun pay anything yet.

Thanks... I did surfed to that page before making this query here in SRC. Nothing there on appeals.

This is the heading I used last month.

"

Your Name & Address

Date

TRAFFIC POLICE DEPARTMENT

10 UBI AVENUE 3

SINGAPORE 408865

Dear Sirs,

APPEALING FOR NOTICE OF A PARKING OFFENCE - REPORT NO. Wxx 75xxxx NO

......Your sad story.....and explain to them why they should withdraw their charges.

Your Faithfully

"

They will send you an acknowledge post card within a week and ask you to ignore that summon you got and wait for their reply.

Then, about a month later, they will give you the verdict whether you need or don't need to pay.

Just a simple sad letter will give you a chance to save your $70. So, why not explain and let them decide.

Good luck!

Items left...

Ehliem Wet & Dry 2223

Prizm protein skimmer

Coralife UV

Resun 650 chiller

Giving up hobby, due to family commitment.

Surely its a parking offence, stomach ache excuses are common. Try to be honest otherwise technically it is an offence of parking...so Pay lor! Should be TP, LTA is dealing with technical offences not traffic issues. Shenton Way - should be TP but could be URA too....

Good luck