Elegance Coral

Morgan

• SRC Member

even u have good equipment might not able to keep

they way they are handle before it reaches the shop already stress for them

and take note sometime the colours thay you see in them are not the actual colours...those guys just inject some dye into them....after some time they will be on their way to heaven... :cry2:

even u have good equipment might not able to keep

they way they are handle before it reaches the shop already stress for them

and take note sometime the colours thay you see in them are not the actual colours...those guys just inject some dye into them....after some time they will be on their way to heaven... :cry2:

They don't dyed Elegance, have not seen 1 that is coloured before.......other LPS sometime....softie definitely

Morgan

Interested how you manage to stop byopsis from growing.

I continue to have a problem with it, i skim heavily, water changes twice a month etc. Thats why i was worried about it spreading in your tank.

In my tank it seems to spread very easily, so easily i assume it releases spores and starts new growth at random.

I also have an elegance for almost a year now and does fine, recently got a purple one and just noticed some damage to the skeleton, which i hope will recover.

Ian

Ian

I have very few fishes in the tank.....and byopsis needs alot of nutrient. Another thing is caulerpa....mine is a pest....growing everywhere......don't think the byopsis can compete with it. :D

Post pics of your coral.

• SRC Member

hmm when u feed LPS.. with meat.. do u really see them eating or just place at the mouth then they got a hold on it after some time the piece of meat disappear??

cauz mine is i put near the mouth the they got a holding to it.. sometimes the fish swim there and bit off the piece of meat...

mine didnt get enough light........the meat detached after 4 moths in my tank.... havent bought any d\since then....few months liaoz :nc:

post-7-1073392283.jpg

Definitely not an easy coral to keep. I had one that lasted a year.... before one of my heat wave episodes. :(

They do better in higher nutrient waters and lying on the sandbed apparently but yet sensitive to nitrates.

They succumb easily to disease, esp brown jelly, as pointed out by Tanzy. They are indeed beautiful corals.

AT

• 4 months later...