supersun in super bad condition

ah_d3x

• SRC Member

Bro, I used to have similar problems and it killed my super suns..

I couldn't find any pest, the suns just dun open up and the the orange flesh just reside.

What i did is frag the dead heads out and separate those heads near the dead one from the healthy ones.

I manage to save some healthy one.

My aim for fragging them up is hoping the "decaying" flesh does not spread to the healthy one.

Also to create a buffer in case those next to the dead one are already affected but not showing signs yet.

But it is really heart pain. I LOST 5 20cents head from that. 20cents is before open!!!

Bro, I used to have similar problems and it killed my super suns..

I couldn't find any pest, the suns just dun open up and the the orange flesh just reside.

What i did is frag the dead heads out and separate those heads near the dead one from the healthy ones.

I manage to save some healthy one.

My aim for fragging them up is hoping the "decaying" flesh does not spread to the healthy one.

Also to create a buffer in case those next to the dead one are already affected but not showing signs yet.

But it is really heart pain. I LOST 5 20cents head from that. 20cents is before open!!!

Hi bro, me encounter the same problem as u, but instead of fragging the dead part away, I just leave it. I see that it only affect 2-3 head after that it will stop. But the interesting thing is after 2 weeks, around 7-8 baby head start to pop out from the dead area. So end up I do have more small one instead of 1 big one. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

check water parameters.

KH

Mg

Ca

Temperature.

PO4

NO3

especially temperature, KH and PO4

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

From my understanding, is it is being fed too much to the point where it cannot properly digest the amount of food be eaten and the undigested food starts to rot from the inside of the polyps... Corals are not like fishes, they will constantly feed when they smell food and not know when to stop... There is no really a definite amount of food to target feed... You have to trial and error...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Guess it might be the food! Thankz for the pointer! . So how do i know the amount to feed?

How much are you feeding it? Normal mysis is fine... And twice a week is enough... Observe it.. Increase feeding if you see it not opening or the base is receding..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I feed my super sun with brine shrimps. Wat i notice, after feeding they will be bloated, means u cant feed anymore...

They are telling you they are full already when i feed brine shrimps..I feed them everyday.

Brine shrimps easily to be digest..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Hmmm, I feed my sun twice everyday, once before I go work and once in the evening. I feed them a mixture of brine and mystic shrimps. But usually the night feed they don't eat much cos they're alway close when the lights are on.

They seems to be doing fine so far. Eveny night when lights off, will open up big big.