Review on Elos and h2o phosphate test kit

braincoral

• SRC Supporter

As above

Any comment on this two new

Products

?

There is already a review on DD test kit under our new blog section. For the Elos test kit maybe those who tried here can have their comment here ?

As above

Any comment on this two new

Products

?

I am currently using Elos and like it, I trusted their results due to the following points:

• Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
  • RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
  • The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
  • The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
  • The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all elos test kits precise but we use non toxic reagents whenever possible.

As for the D&D, I believe their selling points are as follows:

• Specifically developed with Merck (Internationally renowned lab test kit manufacturer) for the aquarium market place
    • Comes with 2 flat bottomed glass test tubes and a black polystyrene block, which allows the user to look down onto the colour card without any stray light or colour to alter the perception of which is the correct reading
    • The second test tube is used as a standard so that any colouration of the aquarium water does not affect the ability of the user to read off the concentration.
    • The test kit with its nice plastic case contains sufficient chemicals to carry out 100 tests after which time a refill is available rather than replacing the whole kit.

I believe the above 2 are the best test kits available in the market now. Most of us who frequently use test kits will find that the lacking in accuracy when comes to the dropper, re-agent or even difficulty in reading the low range due to the colour chart provided or stray lights from our room.

I have even encountered once when the colour charts differs between packs on the same brand!

I have recently gotten a set of H20 too and will be doing some comparison soon.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

I am currently using Elos and like it, I trusted their results due to the following points:

• Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
  • RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
  • The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
  • The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
  • The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all elos test kits precise but we use non toxic reagents whenever possible.

As for the D&D, I believe their selling points are as follows:

• Specifically developed with Merck (Internationally renowned lab test kit manufacturer) for the aquarium market place
    • Comes with 2 flat bottomed glass test tubes and a black polystyrene block, which allows the user to look down onto the colour card without any stray light or colour to alter the perception of which is the correct reading
    • The second test tube is used as a standard so that any colouration of the aquarium water does not affect the ability of the user to read off the concentration.
    • The test kit with its nice plastic case contains sufficient chemicals to carry out 100 tests after which time a refill is available rather than replacing the whole kit.

I believe the above 2 are the best test kits available in the market now. Most of us who frequently use test kits will find that the lacking in accuracy when comes to the dropper, re-agent or even difficulty in reading the low range due to the colour chart provided or stray lights from our room.

I have even encountered once when the colour charts differs between packs on the same brand!

I have recently gotten a set of H20 too and will be doing some comparison soon.

wink.gif

hi gouldian, could share the findings? thks.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts