Office Mini Pico - IQ5

yonghao85

Hi Fellow Reefers

Started this tank with my fellow colleagues after getting boss approval. Its a small one but hopefully we can UPGRADE!!! haha

Tank: Dymax IQ5

Pump: Tunze Universal Mini Pump (not sure the model)

Filteration:

- Cheato (level1)

- Filter wool (level 2)

- Chemipure Active Carbon (level 3)

- Biohomme Plus (level 4)

- Chemipure Phophate removal (second chamber)

Wave maker: Dymax 200 power head (LOL)

Lighting:

- 7W LED (4 x Blue, 3 x White) got it from madpetz

- Dymax IQ5 stock lighting for cheato

Livestock:

- 2 Clownfish

- 1 Bi colour dottyback

- 1 pom pom crab

- 2 cleaner shrimp

- 1 nassarius snail

- 1 algae blenny

- 3 frags of zoas (purple koosh)

- 1 frog spawn

- 1 ???? (got it from iwarna) Please hlp ID haha.

The tank has finished cycling within 2 weeks with the help of Prodibio bacteria.

here are some pics of it. please feel free to comment. :)

post-18425-0-37989200-1311306255_thumb.j

post-18425-0-10385500-1311306269_thumb.j

post-18425-0-74063500-1311306284_thumb.j

post-18425-0-11115900-1311306301_thumb.j

post-18425-0-84302000-1311306359_thumb.j

• SRC Supporter

Wow really is a nano. Be careful not to overstock your nano and since it is running without a skimmer you would need to do constant water change. i feel 2 -3 fishes is the Max you can have for such a small tank size.

• SRC Member

ahah nice.. I have an IQ5 in my office also but as I want to maintain a low bioload, I only keep 1 fish in it.. a Firefish. That's it. Do note that there is a high chance your clownfish will outgrow your IQ5 so you may have to sell them once they get too big for it.

Personally I feel that you have way enough fish in it already so time to just add in more hardy corals. :)

Do regular weekly water changes and clean the glass to keep your little tank pristine. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Beautiful Setup

I am in the midst of looking into lighting for my Dymax iq5

Can i ask how much did you spend on lighting?

thanks

Just the lighting without holder cost 60+...

actually ar... there's one fine day me n my colleague went down to madpetz showroom at midview city (opp. LTA).. then we saw their IQ5 with the display stand damn swee... then we just bought it... haha..

Just make a trip down to their store la... u might find something else to your liking :lol:

how much are the perc?

where did you get them? :ThanxSmiley:

is there an escape opening for the "cave"? under the torch? :D

I got it from Ah Beng at pasir ris farmway. Think i got it at 1 for $3 or $6. i can't remember actually.

Yep there is more than an escape route for the cave lol :cheers:

Wow really is a nano. Be careful not to overstock your nano and since it is running without a skimmer you would need to do constant water change. i feel 2 -3 fishes is the Max you can have for such a small tank size.

Yea it is actually overcrowded IMO :( ... BTW we have been doing water changes daily using paper cup. 2 cups out, 2 cups in.

ahah nice.. I have an IQ5 in my office also but as I want to maintain a low bioload, I only keep 1 fish in it.. a Firefish. That's it. Do note that there is a high chance your clownfish will outgrow your IQ5 so you may have to sell them once they get too big for it.

Personally I feel that you have way enough fish in it already so time to just add in more hardy corals. :)

Do regular weekly water changes and clean the glass to keep your little tank pristine. :)

Totally agree with your view on my clownies. Once they're huge, will most probably sell them to bigger homes. unless my office tank gets an upgrade which i'm really hoping it will really come true. hahaha :P

Actually it was your thread that inspire me and my colleagues to get an IQ5 for our office viewing pleasure :paiseh: i even got the TLF nano magnet glass cleaner. haha

so far, our bosses are pretty pleased with the tank... hehehe..

• SRC Member

haahh really my tank? well I haven't updated my thread for a long time as there has been no changes since last updates. :P thanks for the compliment.. well I got a big system at home to take my water from so I'm quite lazy with my office tank. hahah which is why I only want 1 fish.. won't have to worry whenever I fall sick or go on leave.. my colleagues can help take care with minimal fuss. LOL

the TLF Nano mag is cool huh... clean clean clean! :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Just the lighting without holder cost 60+...

actually ar... there's one fine day me n my colleague went down to madpetz showroom at midview city (opp. LTA).. then we saw their IQ5 with the display stand damn swee... then we just bought it... haha..

Just make a trip down to their store la... u might find something else to your liking :lol:

Thanks Bro

Thats quite cheap, what light spec and brand was that?

I will make a trip this weekend :)