Rusty X Flame angelfish

• SRC Member

Here is my "rusty" rusty flame. It's stripe patterns is very shepardi, but it is considered more rusty because of its more brownish coloration.

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But my choice will be the same as TerriZ ... the Hong Kong Specimen.

Not found here ?

yes but i let u have the orange dottyback coz i know u like it more than i do.

i don't really care for dottybacks as much as you. so u can have it.

and i bet it's very nice in ur tank with the rosae and tapeinosoma right? 3 v rare dottybacks togther.

pls takea vid of all 3! so i can write on reefbuilders

Yap thanks for letting me have the L.Multisquamatus. But it is an extremely shy dottyback, i once see it one to two times a day and each time only a few seconds even in my v minimal scape and peaceful tankmates. It doesn't even want to come out during feeding. I think it'll take quite some time to be bold enough to swim out for a vid to be taken.

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But my choice will be the same as TerriZ ... the Hong Kong Specimen.

Not found here ?

U like the HK specimen too? Den just go SL or CF to choose a brighter orange rusty angel and it'll look 99% similar.

Here is an example of a v bright orange rusty flame that u'll occasionally see during rusty angels shipment.

post-10328-0-79749500-1312044303_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Yap thanks for letting me have the L.Multisquamatus. But it is an extremely shy dottyback, i once see it one to two times a day and each time only a few seconds even in my v minimal scape and peaceful tankmates. It doesn't even want to come out during feeding. I think it'll take quite some time to be bold enough to swim out for a vid to be taken.

U like the HK specimen too? Den just go SL or CF to choose a brighter orange rusty angel and it'll look 99% similar.

Here is an example of a v bright orange rusty flame that u'll occasionally see during rusty angels shipment.

Cool !!!! So Digiman is a Night Bird like me too ya .... :thumbsup:

Another failed attempt to take a photo.

It is still v shy and hanging under the ledge. Hard to take vid. But here depicts a more accurate color of the fish, which is a dark burnt orange more of that of a rusty than flame colouration.

post-10328-0-30840500-1312077396_thumb.j

post-10328-0-60262400-1312077403_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

mine has settled down some what and is eating well.

a rather traumatic first day as it got a bit of chasing from the flame angel pair, especially the female. the terrorizing has stopped and the rusty flame hybrid is left unscathed, except for a little torn fin which should heal in a day.

post-15755-0-04536800-1312090669_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

another photo.

sorry for the blur. it's hard to take a photo of it swimming.

as you can see from this photo, the colour of the fish is intense orange and it's not brownish nor red. it's more shepardi like than rusty.

post-15755-0-53009800-1312090798_thumb.j

The difference between yours and my current piece is the coloration. Yours is orangy red while mine has more brown in the red.

If i have a bigger tank i would have kept two rusty flames, one of each color form.

• Senior Reefer

The difference between yours and my current piece is the coloration. Yours is orangy red while mine has more brown in the red.

If i have a bigger tank i would have kept two rusty flames, one of each color form.

yes mine is super orange.

yours is more brownish.

i want the brownish one too. and you want the orange one.

in time, rusty flame will be common enough for us to obtain one more and for everyone to get one too.

• Senior Reefer

digi,

our next aim should be rusty flame X coral beauty hybrid.

or rusty X coral beauty.

this 2 are v rare but still affordable for me coz they come from philippine.

flame x coral beauty.... that one from hawaii. i cant afford.

Rusty flame x coral beauty, yes tat's one fish i hope we can see it here one day but very unlikely.

Actually I want the multicolor hybrid more! Any multicolor hybrid is instantly a holy grail hybrid.

The tigerpyge, rusty flame beauty and multicolor x rusty flame were all from philippines but they all went to US and Japan.

• Senior Reefer

Rusty flame x coral beauty, yes tat's one fish i hope we can see it here one day but very unlikely.

Actually I want the multicolor hybrid more! Any multicolor hybrid is instantly a holy grail hybrid.

The tigerpyge, rusty flame beauty and multicolor x rusty flame were all from philippines but they all went to US and Japan.

the more i see the brownish rusty flame, the more i want and the more i like!

OK. next time come again i want the brown one.

u can have the orange one!

the more i see the brownish rusty flame, the more i want and the more i like!

OK. next time come again i want the brown one.

u can have the orange one!

I dun think i can add another in my tank. In a small tank like mine two will fight to death!

• Senior Reefer

A new shipment of rusty flame in one Japan LFS:

post-10328-0-09841000-1312094427_thumb.j

post-10328-0-40709100-1312094434_thumb.j

post-10328-0-10901100-1312094442_thumb.j

post-10328-0-54858400-1312094448_thumb.j

Of the four i like the 3rd one most as it is darker in color and has shorter and fewer stripes.

i like 3rd one too!

1st and last is too flame angel.

here is a collage i made last time.

sampling a few of the hundreds that we posted.

all so variable!

1st pic from 2nd row is my fav!

last pic in the 1st row is my favourite. It belongs to Copps from the pioneer batch of rusty flames from cebu shipped to US but died already.

• Senior Reefer

Here is a short preview of my rusty rusty flame.

gorgeous leh!!

i love the darker broken bars at the front!

it looks like the one i like form the collage picture!!

gorgeous leh!!

i love the darker broken bars at the front!

it looks like the one i like form the collage picture!!

V nice right?

when i saw this piece at CF i instantly fall in love with it as it is has a darker body color and although i keep saying it is more rusty actually it resembles one of my favourite photos of a true shepardi angel from Guam taken by a japanese diver.

Here are some true shepardi photos that i saved in my PC but have never posted in the hybrid thread:

post-10328-0-45188900-1312104681_thumb.j

post-10328-0-45416000-1312104688_thumb.j

post-10328-0-17626300-1312104697_thumb.j

The above three photos to me are the nicest form of true shepardi angels and that's why i saved them. And i'm v lucky and v glad i got a piece that is quite identical to the photos above.

I know most reefers here will prefer the more flame like form of rusty flame rather than a rusty flame like the one i have now. Some reefers have also pmed me to tell me they prefer the flame rusty flame to come in the next shipment. Dun worry, as most rusty flames pics i saw comes in the form of more flame like than rusty like, so the likelihood of getting a flame rusty flame is much much higher.

Thank you guys for creating such huge awareness of this beautiful fish. Hope to see more exotic fishes

Count on me and lemon to create a rare fish hype.

I hope the next shipment of rusty flames come there will be many more reefers to join in our excitement :)