My 1.5ft Reef Log III

jackywongto

Bro,

What are you looking at? IOS? Cabinet plus sump? Algae scrubber or Biopellet? Dosing pumps or manual work? Please keep us informed. I am very keen, hahaha.

Hi Resser,

Yeah. looking at a couple of options.

2 ft cube

24x 21x 21 inch

30 x 18x18 inch

getting a sump.

The sump is basically just for hiding all my eqpt and not to increase water volume .

So it could be a small sump,

I would like to house all my monitors here too.

dosing pumps and ATO definitely.

2 filter socks in sump.

reusing all my current eqpt

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Very technical.

engineering background lah... what to do.......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Another update:

Brought my friend to SL today.....

She got a pair of clownfish, purple firefish and a small blue tang....

I of course did not return home empty handed...

a purple fishfish, a tiny blue tang, a neon goby, red scooter and a royal gramma.

My tank seems to be too clean for the red scooter..... :(

Tested my Mg and Ca again today. Reading is pretty consistent with the last time.

Ca = 330

Mg = 1000

Sigh... the Brightwell Aquatic salt falls short of expectation.

Actually I quite like the Brightwell salt, Didnt check the parameter but the tank condition for corals was quite good untill i changed to Reef Crystal... PUI... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

11th Aug : PO4 = 0.272

13th Aug : PO4 = 0.254

Then I went to change approx 25% of water. PO4 dropped to 0.1716 !!!!

So I guess massive water change is more effective than waiting for GFO in reduction of phosphate ! Thanks for the tips bro ! :thumbsup:

Yo Yo Jacky bro, thanks for confirming this. Theoritically, a lot of reports says that water change will help export nutrients. Your experiment results proved it. :)

The challenge is, must ensure water parameter (ca/kh/Mg) remains balanced.

a purple fishfish, a tiny blue tang, a neon goby, red scooter and a royal gramma.

My tank seems to be too clean for the red scooter..... :(

Tsk Tsk, you can bring the red scoot along and donate in my tank on Friday leh. Haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Actually I quite like the Brightwell salt, Didnt check the parameter but the tank condition for corals was quite good untill i changed to Reef Crystal... PUI... LOL...

Lol... Thanks for the heads up regarding reef crystal. Going to my friends place tml. Will test the parameters for D&D salt. Keep u guys posted.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Yo Yo Jacky bro, thanks for confirming this. Theoritically, a lot of reports says that water change will help export nutrients. Your experiment results proved it.

The challenge is, must ensure water parameter (ca/kh/Mg) remains balanced.

Tsk Tsk, you can bring the red scoot along and donate in my tank on Friday leh. Haha.

My pleasure :). Will do more wc in this early stage of my tank. I am going to drop my plan of getting an FR for the time being. Save a hundred over bucks.

Haha... Red scoot.... Nice try.....

Hey your D&D test kit, better open up and check. If it leaked too, ( the booklet is stained) , then bring back to change or get a refund. If it has leaked, then the concentration of the mg solution is different and the test might not be accurate anymore. Just FYI.

Tested my Mg and Ca again today. Reading is pretty consistent with the last time.

Ca = 330

Mg = 1000

Sigh... the Brightwell Aquatic salt falls short of expectation.

Bro, what's the salinity level (1.024?) when u get the above readings?

Results vary with different salinity levels.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

My pleasure :). Will do more wc in this early stage of my tank. I am going to drop my plan of getting an FR for the time being. Save a hundred over bucks.

Haha... Red scoot.... Nice try.....

Hey your D&D test kit, better open up and check. If it leaked too, ( the booklet is stained) , then bring back to change or get a refund. If it has leaked, then the concentration of the mg solution is different and the test might not be accurate anymore. Just FYI.

Remember Ray? He religiously does weekly w/c. His coraline algae grew like crazy.

Eh why you get all these fish?? Angels my friend, angels.

I was at M/L earlier. Saw a very nice juv/adult queen. Super nice. Tempted, but obviously I cannot risk my SPS investment. So yah, "pass"...

Oh and coincidentally I did a check on my D&D test kit earlier this evening. Everything is intact. No leak at all.

I got this from RD (during aquarama.)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Hi Resser,

Yeah. looking at a couple of options.

2 ft cube

24x 21x 21 inch

30 x 18x18 inch

getting a sump.

The sump is basically just for hiding all my eqpt and not to increase water volume .

So it could be a small sump,

I would like to house all my monitors here too.

dosing pumps and ATO definitely.

2 filter socks in sump.

reusing all my current eqpt

How about 24 x 24 x 18? Standard glass sizes, so it is cheaper than odd numbers. A lower tank height makes a lot of difference when it comes to maintenance, and a nice top-down view = shiokness.

Do take note of your sump volume as it needs to be able to handle the extras that flow back into the sump when you switch off the main pump or during a power failure. Filter sock overflow contingency plans should be considered as well.

Bro, what's the salinity level (1.024?) when u get the above readings?

Results vary with different salinity levels.

Did all my tests at 1.025.

Remember Ray? He religiously does weekly w/c. His coraline algae grew like crazy.

Eh why you get all these fish?? Angels my friend, angels.

I was at M/L earlier. Saw a very nice juv/adult queen. Super nice. Tempted, but obviously I cannot risk my SPS investment. So yah, "pass"...

Oh and coincidentally I did a check on my D&D test kit earlier this evening. Everything is intact. No leak at all.

I got this from RD (during aquarama.)

Impulse purhcase.... also I have not decide not what to keep, lps, anemone tank. SPS, angels, fish only tank....

Anyway, the girls are more excited when they see many different type of fishes. So......

They are still bugging me to buy more fishes today....

Looks lik D&D tester issue is only with the batch at Iwarna.

How about 24 x 24 x 18? Standard glass sizes, so it is cheaper than odd numbers. A lower tank height makes a lot of difference when it comes to maintenance, and a nice top-down view = shiokness.

Do take note of your sump volume as it needs to be able to handle the extras that flow back into the sump when you switch off the main pump or during a power failure. Filter sock overflow contingency plans should be considered as well.

I am building the tank according to the allocated space i have.

one of the space - max 2ftx 2ft.

the other space- max 2.5ft x 1.5 ft

a bit bored with the cube model. so might go for a longish tank instead.

yeah 18 inch is definitely more easier to maintain. no need to wash my armpit hair every weekend... haha gross i know....

will be getting one of the sponsor to design the tank. I am too lazy to think about sump design.

can i give u samples of my water to test? Im using red sea pro coral...the blue packaging....

I can pass you the test kit to test :)

The Ca and Mg is a pain in the butt.....

cannot wait for Hanna Ca tester.

New immigrants from SeaLife

a one-inch mini blue tang

post-6893-0-70147600-1313314312_thumb.jp

red scooter blenny from afar

post-6893-0-32171100-1313314333_thumb.jp

Purple firefish - my girls favorite

post-6893-0-96481700-1313314364_thumb.jp

fat round Neon goby

post-6893-0-57826500-1313314401_thumb.jp

Royal Gramma

post-6893-0-18959000-1313314427_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

fat round Neon goby

Royal Gramma

we're both in the same boat...

choice of LS is partially influenced by the people around us..

for my case it is my gf..

i got a purple firefish cos its also one of her many favourites... haha..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Supporter

fat round Neon goby

Royal Gramma

Why dont select one of the photo here to take part in the facebook photo contest :P

• SRC Member

we're both in the same boat...

choice of LS is partially influenced by the people around us..

for my case it is my gf..

i got a purple firefish cos its also one of her many favourites... haha..

same same ... but lucky for you ... i like to get firefish, but gf doesn't like :pinch:

25 Gal Micro Ocean