emergancy help needed

KELVINx3

Dear Kelvin

1. First of all please don't give up.

2. If I were you I would do a 50% water change wait for 2 weeks then add fish again. Or you can do another 50% water change two weeks after the first water change then add fish. To be extra careful.

3. When you add the fish they will come from warmer water so I would suggest that you do all that is necessary to acclimatize them to the water temperature in your tank before putting them in as a precautionary measure. Please post some pictures of your tank here for us to see. Please also ready articles like this http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/marineich.php

4. While you are waiting to add new fish you can also thrown in some snails / shrimp & Hermit Crabs.

All the best bro!

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Ive been using nsw from irwana. So far so gd. My coral r growin n my fish r fat. Lol... :P

Maybe u can ask bro digiman how to motivate u. He is an experience reefer.

How he overcome his sadness when he lost his ex n rare fishes. :)

Bro relax man... It happens. This was how my tank looked like sometime in 2007...

post-5951-0-14945300-1313779577_thumb.jp

...then my chiller had an electrical fault in 2008 or so I think... Everything died except my 2 false percs and blue-legged hermit crab. Wanted to give up but just left the tank running for my nemos. Tank was soon overrun with aiptasia and just couldn't look at it anymore. Took me a couple of years to overcome it, get recharged and now I am back. This event was the worst setback I had. I have lost fishes to everything before. Not eating, parasite outbreak, aggression etc...

Such things happen in this hobby. Relax for a while, rest for a couple of weeks and you'll be ready to go again.

I am still battling aiptasia today but at a much more comfortable pace. I had hundreds at one period. Still could not get any natural predators to totally eradicate them though. :angry2:

There are divided views on this. Some people swear by using "filtered" sea water. Others prefer to stick to Salt mix. I have been using Red Sea Coral pro and i never had problems with ICH etc. What to do? Well if you want convenience and peace of mind i would say go with salt mix. It's really up to you at the end of the day. Try both and see which suits you better. Do a combination of the two if you want! At the end of the day its what works for you.

My 2 footer is thriving and this is what works for me (FYI tank was set up in Mid June) :-

1. Salt Mix with DI water which is treated with API Anti Chlorine

2. 10% to 15% water change every week

3. 7 fish fed 2 times a day (Frozen Mysis in the morning and Henry Ko's reef gourmet in the evenings - with Omega one Pallets with Garlic) - IMO i must be over feeding them as i get cyano on my sand.

I don't have a sump. I use a Red Sea air lift skimmer which is in the tank. I use the smallest capacity Hailea Chiller which is connected to an Eheim external canister filter which is filled with rings and activated carbon media. Plus a boyu wavemaker. That's it.

When I first introduced my maroon clown into the tank (1st fish) there was no chiller. Then I introduced a six line wrasse. Still no chiller. This was when i noticed my wrasse developing a patch on his body. Got a chiller and he's aye okay now. All occupants are healthy and feeding well.

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

• SRC Member

my tank is about 163 litres. using hailea mid range model. can't remember the model. it can hold up to 200 or 300 litre. using a aston canister pump *this pump has been with me for 10 over years* gonna convert to sump but my display tank dont suit cause no hole no nothing lol. with a cheapo wave maker. gahh i'll upload the pics later haha. anyways im going for it one more time. did a 50% change of water. bought water from irwana. and tested every parametres i could. seems well for the time being. and i bought fishes already haha p/s not yet in display tank

my tank is about 163 litres. using hailea mid range model. can't remember the model. it can hold up to 200 or 300 litre. using a aston canister pump *this pump has been with me for 10 over years* gonna convert to sump but my display tank dont suit cause no hole no nothing lol. with a cheapo wave maker. gahh i'll upload the pics later haha. anyways im going for it one more time. did a 50% change of water. bought water from irwana. and tested every parametres i could. seems well for the time being. and i bought fishes already haha p/s not yet in display tank

Everything should go well now....you don't need a sump dude! good skimmer and wavemaker is all you need. IF you want a sump you don't need holes if its a retrofit situation. You can check out some of the sites. They use PVC barrels etc.

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

Most importantly, is to ensure that they feed. If they don't feed, most probably bye bye... Try to feed them with thing that they love. If red bamboo works, use it. Meanwhile u can tie seaweed to a piece of rock or something to train it to feed seaweed. Once they get used to the tank and feeding, the ich will will disappear. Good luck.

Basically you can get the chambers with media inside from Ah Beng's shop in Pasir Ris Farmway 2 or I think madpetz should have it. I am told that you need two chambers - one for the Deionization (hence DI unit) and the other chamber filled with activated carbon. I use just one chamber - the DI chamber. Connect it to you tap and let water flow through this chamber. After it is filtered you can proceed to use the desired amount of API anti chlorine. I use 5ml per bucket / pail or water. The standard sized bucket.

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

• SRC Member

I would suggest you leave your tank fishless for 2months to let ich die :)

alright. i'll change new filter everything also haha. fml much. did this process for dont know how many thousand times. and fishes live well. boom! oubreak again

• 2 weeks later...

It seems you have been struggling for over 9 months. You certainly have what it takes to succeed in this hobby. Your initial success has alway being followed by a major die off due to the introduction of an intected fish. Therefore if you can exercise more care in the way you introduce new fish into your tank, I am sure you will be able to sit back and enjoy the hobby.

First thing is to invest in a small quarantine tank. Ideally you should quarantine all new comer for 1 month. At any one time, you should only quarantine 1 fish. During this 1 month, the fish will have a chance to recuperate and get fatten up. If treatment is required, you can do so easily. If the fish has to die, at least your display tank is not affected.

Secondly, buy only from reputable LFS. This will cost a fair bit more but you can be assured of a healthy fish. In the long run, you actually save money.

Lastly, invest in a good skimmer. Your skimmer is the only equipment that will make your enclosed environment a liveable place for your fish.

One last thing, always do your research on any fish you intend to keep. Do not be too kan cheong and buy first, read later. If you have the money, the lfs will bring in the fish.

after so long i realise. all my fishes died and 2 dartfish is still alive? this shows problem does not lies on my water parameters? any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...