Started a nano tank

Harry H

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Hello, is this a overflow system? 

Mind sharing pointers of where u get the tank and such? 

Im new in this and would like to keep some clownfishes for a start. 

Thankyou! 

Overflow system come with a sump, the picture does not suggest that. Looks like a Nano tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Nano tanks can come with an integrated sump, otherwise known as IOS. An example would be the IM fusion 10, which I'm using.

btw not all damsels display similar aggression levels. More docile damsels include the talbot, springeri

• SRC Member

My yellow tail damsel is not aggressive, but I suspect it's only because there's two clownfish keeping him in check. Otherwise, I had another damsel that was absolute terror, even killed fish bigger than him

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

One of the challenges of the Novu Fusion 10 g tank is there are very few skimmers that can fit into the IOS (at the back). I was using this china made (nothing wrong with china made) spindle wheel skimmer that just barely fit but after months it is just a bubbling machine. And the ideal skimmer is the Tunze 9001 but if you look at the specs, it is just too large and if you check online, there are posts on modifying the IOS by cutting the glass divider and that's too much work!

Here is the good news. By some accidental luck, the Tunze 9001 actually fits the second chamber perfectly. The glass ledge is just nice to hang the skimmer after you removed the magnet holder.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

6b1f7aae24149d835daf7f852f08b2f2.jpg

I did not remove the glass separator in the tank too much work. All I did is flip the motor unit 180 degree (9001 can do that). Remove the magnet for attaching to the glass. I trim off the black plastic magnet holder. And it fits perfectly. If you don't wish to trim off I think it is fine too.

So apart from the IM desktop ghost skimmer, the Baoyu small cylindrical skimmer, you now can add tunze 9001 skimmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Gd to know the tunze 9001 can fit in. Thanks for sharing.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

No worries in case my fellow Tangs in Distress (pun intended). My uncle has a much larger tank and will be transferring. :-) As for the Damsel, luck of the draw, this fish is quite tame but it is an exception rather than the rule.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
20 minutes ago, Harry H said:

So far I have posted photos and not sure how to post video on this site.

Upload the video to youtube..then copy n paste the link here.. :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos