What type of angels you keep together in your tank?

yeo99

Hi

What type of angels you keep together in your tank? It can be drawf or large angels. This is to share the compatibility of different type of angels in a single tank to everyone here.

Just to share mine:

1. Flagfin angel or bluelips angel

2. Yellow angel

3. Singapore angel

Thanks for sharing

I currently keep the below, all feeding and doing quite ok but multibar still only on frozen Mysis.

1) Multibar Angelfish, most elegant of the lot, swims confidently and slowly ignoring everyone else

2) Multicolor Angelfish, likes to cheong alot and occasionally chases after the flame angel

3) Potter's Angelfish (male), the biggest in the tank, but quite peaceful, eats the most

4) Flame Angelfish, very small specimen, during first 2 days chased my Multicolor around but now trend has reversed

All feeding greedily on NLS pellets except Multibar, wonder when I can wean it off frozen mysis and onto pellets.

• SRC Member

I miss all e angel tat ive keep before... Haiz... 

Here r e angel tat ive keep together before i decom my 4ft tank

King,Queen,Scribble,Africanus,Earspot,Majestic,Blueface,Asfur,False personifer,Juv blueline,Blue ring,French, coral beauty, bellus, lamark n fishery angel...

Dunno if i got miss anythin else. I was an angel freak last time...

Hi

What type of angels you keep together in your tank? It can be drawf or large angels. This is to share the compatibility of different type of angels in a single tank to everyone here.

Just to share mine:

1. Flagfin angel or bluelips angel

2. Yellow angel

3. Singapore angel

Thanks for sharing

For me dwarf angels tend to bicker and fight in a smaller 3ft tank.

Avoid too many dwarf in one small tank and add in fiercest one first.

I used to keep flame, multicolor, golden and venustus in one same tank, 3ft.

The multicolor killed the golden and venustus. Super fierce. Only the flame which is almost as fierce can live in harmony w it.

• SRC Member

add in fiercest one first.

i always thought it should be contrary to this. wouldn't letting the more aggressive fish establish its territory first be harder for the newer, less aggressive one to fight back on top of adjusting to the new environment?

For me dwarf angels tend to bicker and fight in a smaller 3ft tank.

Avoid too many dwarf in one small tank and add in fiercest one first.

I used to keep flame, multicolor, golden and venustus in one same tank, 3ft.

The multicolor killed the golden and venustus. Super fierce. Only the flame which is almost as fierce can live in harmony w it.

Does the size matter? My angel size from biggest to smallest is potters, multibar, multicolour, flame. The introduction from first to last is multibar, multicolour and flame with potters together. The multibar is the calmest, it ignores all other fishes and all others ignore it. Once in awhile it will "fray" it's fins.

• Like 1

i always thought it should be contrary to this. wouldn't letting the more aggressive fish establish its territory first be harder for the newer, less aggressive one to fight back on top of adjusting to the new environment?

That's a terrible typo i made. I meant add the fiercest last and not first. Thks for correcting.

Does the size matter? My angel size from biggest to smallest is potters, multibar, multicolour, flame. The introduction from first to last is multibar, multicolour and flame with potters together. The multibar is the calmest, it ignores all other fishes and all others ignore it. Once in awhile it will "fray" it's fins.

Yes size matters a lot in fact. It is smart of u to add in a small multicolor and a big multibar, smaller also means less fierce. If it's the reverse the multicolor will kill the multibar. Adding a few dwarfs simultaneously also help to divert aggression.

That said i still feel multibar is an extremely difficult angel to succeed unless it is the only dwarf angel in the tank with the most peaceful and stable environment. Even that the survival chance is low. Not worth keeping a tank with only multibar as the only dwarf.

That's a terrible typo i made. I meant add the fiercest last and not first. Thks for correcting.

Yes size matters a lot in fact. It is smart of u to add in a small multicolor and a big multibar, smaller also means less fierce. If it's the reverse the multicolor will kill the multibar. Adding a few dwarfs simultaneously also help to divert aggression.

That said i still feel multibar is an extremely difficult angel to succeed unless it is the only dwarf angel in the tank with the most peaceful and stable environment. Even that the survival chance is low. Not worth keeping a tank with only multibar as the only dwarf.

Actually I bought what I could find, so maybe it's not smart, rather it's lucky. But the final introduction of potters and flame together I did read up, that it helps divert attention. And I did choose the smallest flame as I know flame can be very hardy and aggressive.

All these angels are my first time keeping except for the flame angel. The multibar at the moment seems the most stable of the lot, hopefully it remains this way. The feeding regime for the multibar is feed two days, stop one day for frozen mysis. Trying to get it to eat pellets....

I miss all e angel tat ive keep before... Haiz... 

Here r e angel tat ive keep together before i decom my 4ft tank

King,Queen,Scribble,Africanus,Earspot,Majestic,Blueface,Asfur,False personifer,Juv blueline,Blue ring,French, coral beauty, bellus, lamark n fishery angel...

Dunno if i got miss anythin else. I was an angel freak last time...

Wow.... How big is your tank? To keep so many angels (all the types) in one tank in a single time, you need a very very big tank...

• 2 months later...

use to keep together:

French, Bluering, Blueface, Majestic, Emperor, Koran.... alpha would be the French and most timid is Majestic (probably due to size).. after I sold the French, the Blueface took over until he died due to disease... Bluering also died as he suddenly stopped taking pellets after growing too big preferring only life shrimps (which I hv problem with as I have groupers in the tank too)... now I'm left with Emperor and Koran only...

A22.jpg

French01.jpg

Tomato5.jpg

Emperor1.jpg

• Like 1

My angels are..

Flame Angel

Flamback Angel

Rusty Angel

Bi-Color Angel

Beauty Coral Angel

Bellus Female and Male

Wish list is..

Golden Angel

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 1 month later...

Today met someone in the lfs, he has a six feet tank, inside the tank, two queen, one blue, two emperor, one blue ring, one king, two french angel, one rock beauty, one Koran and other angels I forgot and also many butterflyfishes, and many tang, four pbt, two bpt, AT, and many more Tangshan, yellow shoulder I think. Amazing and nice video, now buying another rock beauty. But he maintains a very strict routine, two water change per week with 40 liter per change. And have four skimmers running.

• 6 months later...

Presently, I have 7 dwarf angels, lemonpeel, midnight, half black, rusty, coral beauty, eibl, and half black X lemonpeel.

It is possible to add another angel, make make sure that there is enough rocks for them to hide, and if possible, new comer should be larger in size.

Presently, I have 7 dwarf angels, lemonpeel, midnight, half black, rusty, coral beauty, eibl, and half black X lemonpeel.

It is possible to add another angel, make make sure that there is enough rocks for them to hide, and if possible, new comer should be larger in size.

Thanks! Will get one soon when i got time :yahoo: :yahoo:

• 1 month later...