WTB : Vortech mp10 for iq5 dymax tank.

FD2R

I want to create wave in my iq5. Any other smaller wavemaker to intro? Seems to me that vortech mp10 is the smallest.

All wave makers in the market is too big for IQ5 so go for Tunze Universal pump Mini :) .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Get the Hydor Nano wavemaker. 900L/h output, very small and won't take up space. Reliable and good.

I have both...IMHO..It's still too big for IQ5. Tunze universal pump mini so far is the best choice ^_^ !

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Tunze universal pump mini sounds good but i wonder if it can be fitted behind the rear compartment of my iq5. Any gurus running on iq5 dymax mind sharing what power head u guys are using? i don't want it to be hanging inside my tank but behind the rear compartment.

• SRC Member

Tunze universal pump mini sounds good but i wonder if it can be fitted behind the rear compartment of my iq5. Any gurus running on iq5 dymax mind sharing what power head u guys are using? i don't want it to be hanging inside my tank but behind the rear compartment.

The Tunze mini can fit into the rear compartment of an IQ3, so that should not be a problem. However, you have to be clear and provide more details the next time you post your questions. A Vortech wave maker is like a magnet cleaner that has a dry side that needs to stay out of water, so getting one and trying to fit to the rear compartment is :pinch:.

The Tunze mini can fit into the rear compartment of an IQ3, so that should not be a problem. However, you have to be clear and provide more details the next time you post your questions. A Vortech wave maker is like a magnet cleaner that has a dry side that needs to stay out of water, so getting one and trying to fit to the rear compartment is :pinch:.

She is really......:pinch: !

Just wonder how old is SHE :unsure: ?

Hi baby,

Aren't you know that wave makers are majority inside the tank includes MP10 (wetside)? So why are you asking if you are not intend to put inside the tank :pinch: ?

btw, Tunze mini is small and it has 4 suck cups to hold on the glass wall so it can use as a wave maker if you wanted to....but it's weak for use as a return pump... :whistle !!!!

problem settled. Purchased a powerhead which is small / powerful enough to sit behind the tank's rear compartment. Thanks for sharing peacemaker / James and i didn't know there's an age limit for this forum :)

• SRC Member

She is really......:pinch: !

Just wonder how old is SHE :unsure: ?

Relax bro... She jua start to learn how to crawl but u ask her to run. Lol!!! 

Gd luck for ur tank. But if really wan to hav a wave effect, get a bigger tank lor... 

• SRC Member

SK-II, don't get the mp10, it is too much for your tank.. try the new polario, 2 way wavemaker, you can see and get it from madpetz.

Bro, I think even the smallest Polario M4 is too powerful for the IQ5.

SK-II, your best option is to get a Tunze Mini as a wave maker (placement - in the display area), or just use it as a return pump.

Relax bro... She jua start to learn how to crawl but u ask her to run. Lol!!! 

Gd luck for ur tank. But if really wan to hav a wave effect, get a bigger tank lor... 

hahaha...not me..she wanted to fly instead of running.....LOL!

I did! Previously i put the eheim compact 600 there. And it sucked a clown fish there and it died. Was so sad so i took it out. :( But of course i didn't set the powerhead to it's max which is 600. But still my clown got sucked there. Horrible stuff, so i removed it and that's the result why i didn't wanna get another power head to place in the tank as it might suck my fishes there. I don't know what else i can do so i thought a wave maker might not suck anything in. Prolly im wrong? lol.

If i'm not wrong, an iq5 is only 13 liters. It doesn't make sense to put an eheim compact600 inside an iq5. A tunze mini is a better choice.

:score: .

• SRC Member

I did! Previously i put the eheim compact 600 there. And it sucked a clown fish there and it died. Was so sad so i took it out. :( But of course i didn't set the powerhead to it's max which is 600. But still my clown got sucked there. Horrible stuff, so i removed it and that's the result why i didn't wanna get another power head to place in the tank as it might suck my fishes there. I don't know what else i can do so i thought a wave maker might not suck anything in. Prolly im wrong? lol.

Clownfishes are not the best swimmers, but they can take on much more powerful wave makers like Vortechs or Tunze, let alone a 350l/hr flow rate... it is obvious that your clown fish died before it got sucked by the pump.

Wave makers and pumps work the same way: there is always an inlet and a outlet. They have to draw water in and push it out. Its just like your electric fan, if you cover the back, there will not be any air pushing out.