Weekly LFS & Shipment Updates -6th Feb to 12th Feb 2012

Hey cool it guys.. :)

W1976 is a new guy here, let us just give him a break. He's doing his fair share of information to this forum. I guess he's saddened with the lost.

Cheers

:)

Agree, many reefers do tend to be a little harsh on the new guy. But I guess it's all due to the love of the livestock and the loss of a life.

Encouraging and helping new reefers should be the way.

• SRC Member
<br />

<br />

Agree, many reefers do tend to be a little harsh on the new guy. But I guess it's all due to the love of the livestock and the loss of a life.<br />

<br />

Encouraging and helping new reefers should be the way.

<br />

<br />

Thumbs up. True, we came here to share n help one another. Anyway, any updates of livestock? Been looking for blue stripe clowns. Anyone seen it?

Let us face it, the fish is already dead and I've cough out S$50/- just to view it for a day... Be it whether the fish is killed by cynaide OR any other forms of infection, I had my punishment for negligence and inexperience for inpropoer selection upon purchase. Since this is a weekly update forum, let us focus on that...

If you have done enough research and homework, you should the common problem of rock beauty, they are one of the worst angel from Caribbean as they have high mortality not saying they are not suited for captivity, just difficult and you seems offended by the comments, we are just telling you the common misconception that many new reefers have and not get misled by the wrong info..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Commenting as a third party, I see no harsh words used by the seniors abt correcting the misconception on carribean fishes. Let's not be over-sensitive. Cyanide is only employed discriminately in indon and philippines. Rock beauty is just too difficult to keep in captivity due to diet which I thought shd not be imported in the first place. If I'm buying expensive (in my opinion) or more challenging fishes, I usually buy from good LFS that allow me to test feed and paying a little more for a stable and feeding fish is still worth it than losing the entire fish and purchase.

Normally, the new fish I brought have less than 50% of survival, some even low or 0% That is why it is very hot when someone is selling their fishes especially Tangs, angelfish, etc in this forum.

Do some research, you will know why.

By the way, anyone spotted Goldfake angel?

• SRC Member

Pinnacle has

2 x RBTA left..

Iwarna

1 x Mantis Shrimp

4 x Strawberry Crab

from last shipments

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

1328701727' post=1029391']

<br />

<br />

Thumbs up. True, we came here to share n help one another. Anyway, any updates of livestock? Been looking for blue stripe clowns. Anyone seen it?

Well, I have not been looking around much cause my tank is full or most say overstocked, but I do recall seeing sexy shrimps, hawkfish and harlequin shrimps in the east.

I am looking around for a healthy female potters to try to hook it up with my XL male potters, if found would probably have to let go of my powder blue...

• SRC Member

My bad for the gramatical error.. I'm just doing my fair share to help..

No worries man. I'm doing my part to help too. By correcting wrong information so that noob will not receive misinformation. Same for Lemon. We are both straight talkers so do take it our tone likely.

No offence meant. Enjoy the hobby!

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

No worries man. I'm doing my part to help too. By correcting wrong information so that noob will not receive misinformation. Same for Lemon. We are both straight talkers so do take it our tone likely.

No offence meant. Enjoy the hobby!

Sorry for off topic.

If you think I sound rude, I apologize.

I'm never the type to mince my words or sugar coat something.

There's a fine line between being ignorant and irresponsible. Alot of things can be learned from simple research. Alot of people think I'm arrogant and act like a big shot but the truth is, if someone is doing something wrong that could have been prevented easily, then chances are the fault lies with that person.

I'm honestly not arrogant nor am I a bad person. I'm also not hungry to flame or shoot at newbies whenever I see a chance.

I don't care what people think about me. But just know that if you ever feel offended by me, I apologize.

But I'm not going to change the way I sound just to prove to people that I'm nice. I don't do that for anyone and will never do. Was borned this way

A bit quiet on the sps scene?

300G Main Display - 7 x 3 x 3, 60G Sump

4 x Tunze 6105 + 7095 controller, 2 x Eden 5000 l/hr main return

1HP Reefcool Compressor

4 x Reeflux 250W 12K MH with dimmable ballast + ATI T5 blue actinic

Super Reef Octopus 5000 skimmer, Skimz PO4 Reactor, 36W UV sterilizer

Bubble Magus 7 Channel Dosing Pump

Sealife still have some flame angel, regal angel ( Yellow belly ), potter angel, small size AT , adult grey angel, adult emperor angel, clown tang, lots of common clown fish, cream angel, and damsel fish ect...

Sealife still have some flame angel, regal angel ( Yellow belly ), potter angel, small size AT , adult grey angel, adult emperor angel, clown tang, lots of common clown fish, cream angel, and damsel fish ect...

Forget to add, saw one nice Snowflake clown there as well rolleyes.gif

Is sealife open on sat?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes they are open on sat from 1pm onwards

They are closed on Monday's and Wednesday's