Coralvue MH Bulb

Hon

• SRC Member

By the way, please do not condemm CV bulb yet. Keep in mind I'm trying out the 250watt DE 20kk version only.

Those using 10kk SE/DE, please do feedback. Maybe 10kk version is a much better bulb for acropora usage. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Day,

Good you hear that you have good result from 10kk CV bulb. Maybe I will try on 10kk version when my old bulbs is due for change. By then maybe CV have already come out with a better and brigther 20kk version too.. :)

• SRC Member
Currently, i'm using coralvue eballast together with coralvue 10k SE bulb. For my case, some of my brown acro tips starting to turn blue. I will post a pic this weekend.

HI Day, R U using the CV10K 150W or 250W? and is this the first time you use MH and previously non-MH? If you use MH in the past, what's your previous bulb? Just a couple of curious questions.

<_<:thanks: Max

• SRC Supporter

Erhhh.... 20kk bulbs will definitely be dimmer and with a lower PAR...

Thats how the bulbs like....

Never seen or heard of a blue bulb that registers bright and with high PAR.....

Those getting such bulbs should know better...

I think its better if comparison be made between the various blue bulbs rather than compare them with a lower rating temperature bulb..

eg ... comparing the 20kk Coralvue with a Radiums or Ushio Blue... B)

• Sponsor

Good to hear some genuine feedback about CV bulbs.

There are more reefers out there who have used CV bulbs (150W 10KK DE, 150W 20KK DE, 250W 10KK SE, 250W 15KK SE) for about 2 weeks now. Majority of them switched from other MH brands to CV. It would be good if they can share their experience, notwithstanding that 2 weeks may still not be sufficient time if proper acclimatisation to new lighting is done. Or whenever they are ready and more comfortable to do so.

To sideline a bit. There should be more “pioneers” of CV bulbs. But, it is not the case because the current version of CV SE bulbs cannot fit into the mogul sockets of some reefers, primarily because they are using E-39 socket. I have highlighted the issue to the manufacturer and he has agreed to solve the problem, starting from the next shipment.

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

We are a trusted and reputable distributor and wholesaler of aquarium products in Singapore and surrounding region. Our customers include wholesalers, shops, aquarium integrators, schools, clubs and public aquariums.

For wholesaler or dealers, please Click Here to open an account with us.

For endusers , please check with our local partners for our products.

Our Brands,

AI.jpg ETM.jpgPolypLab.jpgAlgone.jpg

DD.jpgNyos_hover.pngRowa.jpgAMPinpoint.jpgTunze.jpg

Like us on our Facebook page for latest updates from us.

• SRC Member
But, it is not the case because the current version of CV SE bulbs cannot fit into the mogul sockets of some reefers, primarily because they are using E-39 socket.  I have highlighted the issue to the manufacturer and he has agreed to solve the problem, starting from the next shipment.

I'm using E40 ... also cannot fit ! :lol::lol:

• Sponsor

I'm using E40 ... also cannot fit ! :lol::lol:

Beats me. :blink:

Well, with the help of X-Japan, I can safely confirm that the new version CV bulbs can fit your mogul socket.

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

We are a trusted and reputable distributor and wholesaler of aquarium products in Singapore and surrounding region. Our customers include wholesalers, shops, aquarium integrators, schools, clubs and public aquariums.

Our Brands,

• SRC Member

Like I say, 10k CV bulb user, please feedback lah...

Mine is 20kk, so expected to be dim, but not as dim as can stare into the core of the 250watt MH bulb ... this make me worried ... :P

• Sponsor
:off:

This is original X-Japan ...

Sorry. :P

I was refering to a SRC member.

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

Our Brands,

• Sponsor
Dear Sponsor & Seniors, may i ask how much is a coralvue eballast ? for 150W & 250W ? thks ...

PMed you.

You can checkout the prices at our website as well (http://www.reefdepot.com.sg). To be launched this weekend.

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

Our Brands,