Disappointment

Andrew

• SRC Member

Should we close down Kopi-Tiam...... Nah.... Its a place where we can all TCSS....And its a good place.... besides its another place to bond... or rather if you were to have it cyber bond.... But I guess this thread has progress and side track like most of the threads where the original intention and in this case, accusation was made.....

Will the Andrew fella show up... Nah... dont think so... probably just signed on the one time and the shoot his/her mouth off and then never to come again... Is it because he feels that he have given the wrong information and thus needed to so call show his ang-mo friend that what he says have some worth... Maybe.. but we will not know as I doubt very much he will come back again... Maybe as a guest to read what sort of interest or comments made to what he posted.... but guess that would be just it... Like the chinese saying... " Cu kou tze.."

"Bah bah bah bah bah".... This would be Andrew sprouting nonsense.... And that is what his post is... Nonsense.... cos i doubt very much he knows what he is talking abt... I would just love to get in a debate with him on the ins and outs of a chiller...

p.s. Andrew... where are you????? :evil::evil:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am suspecting that he's never going to show up. But I'll still give him the two day's deadline to come here and clarify this issue like a man.

If anything, it may have jeopardized his relationship with that LFS in question & brought negative publicity to it... what's the issue here? It's so clear cut that he's harping about the chiller only... copyrights?? Sensitivity over my supposed negative comments about the chiller?

Even if I DO own Titanium & Reef Relief chillers... and DID say something negative about a competing product... it's still my personal opinion NOT given TO him... it's simply a case of minding his own business isn't it?

I know NUTS about this Pacific Coo chiller anyway...

Gee.... maybe I should settle this tomorrow... and we can all start the New Year with good cheer.

I think what's interesting also that we have to think about is that people will register multiple nicks to add oil to fire/garner support to himself/defend himself/present a different personality/flaming purposes.

We have people getting involved in promoting their businesses & products here. (yes, LFS & hobby-related businesses & individuals are included)... and bringing down their competition here in SRC.

(It doesn't take a genius to track down a pattern after monitoring what individuals post after a while... its easy to distinguish genuine hobbyists and people with hidden agendas)

Yet, I tolerate this and only go after the more obvious commercial threads by giving the benefit of doubt to members who post about certain topics revolving around a certain product or service.

If I do tighten membership to 'genuine hobbyists'... there will be a fair number of accounts that will be deleted. ;)

First on the list will be people who register and post heated comments and then disappear! ;)

2nd on the list will be people who register and only post excellent comments on a certain business, product or service & discredit another.

3rd on the list will be people who register and post flaming comments on a particular individual and then disappear.

• SRC Member

AT,

I wouldn't let this bug ya... I know what you are feeling and that he is slandering ya... but then I believe that you are the bigger man....

Might as well just ask your fren Deon how to get in touch with the Ang-Mo and then sort that out tomorrow but to what avail i do not know... Maybe you will be apleased then.... :)

Andrew should have just mind his own business... and besides isn't freedom speech allowed in this country or am I mistaken...

We can voice our personal opinion abt anything... who is the other person to challenge you.. and if so should at least do it right in yoru face where then you will be able to refute each and every word of his... (provided he is a MAN with b@lls ya...) :P

.....which sadly he isn't....... :heh:

• SRC Member
I think what's interesting also that we have to think about is that people will register multiple nicks to add oil to fire/garner support to himself/defend himself/present a different personality/flaming purposes.

We have people getting involved in promoting their businesses & products here. (yes, LFS & hobby-related businesses & individuals are included)... and bringing down their competition here in SRC.

(It doesn't take a genius to track down a pattern after monitoring what individuals post after a while... its easy to distinguish genuine hobbyists and people with hidden agendas)

Yet, I tolerate this and only go after the more obvious commercial threads by giving the benefit of doubt to members who post about certain topics revolving around a certain product or service.

If I do tighten membership to 'genuine hobbyists'... there will be a fair number of accounts that will be deleted. ;)

First on the list will be people who register and post heated comments and then disappear! ;)

2nd on the list will be people who register and only post excellent comments on a certain business, product or service & discredit another.

3rd on the list will be people who register and post flaming comments on a particular individual and then disappear.

Maybe so.. then you would have to spend quite a considerable time deleting those accounts... and then spend extra time and effort to track down idiots who just flame and disappear... I guess no matter how tight you are there will always be some idiots who will try ways and means to come in here and stir up trouble.... If they want to create trouble... I am sure that there is more than a way to skin a cat.. and those idiots who have more than enough time on their hands will look for ways and means to create havoc....

If you were to just ignore them... eventually they will go away as they are not able to achieve their objective.... So far.. the majority of us are true blue hobbyist.... so why let a few rotten apples spoil it for us....

me 2 cents ya.... B)

Ignoring them may work... but has the potential to grow a lot of resentment and negativity. Gossip & wrong info that is not clarified will make things worse.

I rather have things thrashed out and a conclusion settled, rather then have things swept under the carpet only to resurface at a later time. The best is to have an external mediator come in but what for?

We have to settle our own problems ourselves. SRC is a small community and SG is a small country. Everyone knows someone you know.. and word gets around.

You can even expect true blue hobbyists to have misunderstandings between each other (oh yes, it is happening now, had happened before and will happen again) and you know how our asian mentality works. Everybody wants face.

I'd rather have a peaceful Utopian community that's easy to manage... but even monks are known to quarrel with each other in a monastery! :lol:

• SRC Member

I've a suggestion, where it is a practice in other forum, but much more work for the moderators!

That is for the 1st 20 posting (or any number AT may want to set), the post will not be send out directly, but need to be clear by the moderators.

And for newbie with problems seeking help, this will made them to search thru the old posting, if they are really seriously facing the problem...rather than the same old issue like ' Can keep 20 fishes in 2ft tank' resurface again and again.

This will definitely avoid people creating new nick just to create Havoc with the first few post. And this will also curl 'unintentional' commercial post, or 'supporting post', etc...

my 0.02cents.

:D

Happy New Year everyone.

• SRC Member

I agree I think its a really good idea! maybe each sub forum could have a "holding pen" database wise, where any newbie with <X posts should he post in this subforum, his post will go into this holding pen. so its a matter of simply clearing up this "holding pen" for the mods. whichever mod logs on can just clear up a bit at a time. so its kinda like an "IN Tray".

• SRC Member
Nutx... good suggestion.... but wow.... it's gonna be an incredible amount of work!!!!

Agreed more work, but the load can be distributed to more volunteer 'moderators', who need not be reef trained.

Just someone you and your team can trust will do. :)