Disappointment

Andrew

Hi all,

I am have been visiting this site quite frequently for the pass months as a visitor. Just a short intro, I just bought a 5ft tank with full setup by Pacif** Aquat** Cent**, with Pacific Coo chiller, HQI etc..... I just held my house warming and glad to receive good comments from friends and relatives. I have also recommend one of my expat friend from Australia to purchase marine equipment from PAC.

The reason why I log in as a member for the first time is to post a message. A few days ago, this friend of mine went to PAC to get his equipment, over pasir ris farm he met a person claimed to be the founder of SG Reef Club, introduced as Conrad. I'm very disgusted by what he has commented to my friend. He told my friend that the chiller “Pacific Coo” he bought was a copy version of another brand, and passes some bad remarks. As a reef club web master, on what ground does he have to comment on copyrights to strangers? What my friend will think of me?!? If Conrad thinks PAC is selling copy version of his chiller, he can sue the shop owner to court. I think this is very unethical of him to resort to this unorthodox method to promote his own chiller.

As a Reef Club web master, shouldn’t he be portrait as a fair and impartial image to his members? Reef keeping friends of mine ask me to join them in Reef Central, its better there and reefers there are more friendly and experience, I do not believed them until I heard what my Australia friend said, feeling ashame about conrad's unprofessional approach. I have different views now about this club, this will be my first and very last post here. Good Luck to all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually as a layman and non affliated person to both brands...i saw and heard the reef relief chillers much much earlier than the pacific coo chillers...

so even i had the impression that pacific coo was a spin-off design of the reef relief....one look and i tot it was the same...just the metallic cover different colour...

just my point of view....maybe its the other way round in reality... :P

just to add, our AT is in no way directly related to the both chillers also...other than Reef Relief is one of our sponsors....but as long as he keeps to the facts, there is nothing wrong with him promoting the reef relief chillers....

as for the sueing part...maybe the original chiller....whether Reef Relief or Pacific Coo...may not have applied for patent rights, trademarks....so design can be copied without legal problems....but i am sure people in the market can observe which chiller came out first...and from there derive that the similar chillers afterwards are the copies...hehehe

• SRC Member

wow so severe? noone's perfect. nothing's perfect. If you didn't like this club you could have just left. no need for posting this dissing the site and the founder and all. Why let one remark spoil your whole experience in this portal? everyone's here to ask and learn. I find that you are very narrow minded. Why quit a club just because one member made an unpleasant remark? This post shows that you have no EQ whatsoever. Very telling about your character and moral values.

Live and Let Live

Hi all,

I am have been visiting this site quite frequently for the pass months as a visitor. Just a short intro, I just bought a 5ft tank with full setup by Pacif** Aquat** Cent**, with Pacific Coo chiller, HQI etc..... I just held my house warming and glad to receive good comments from friends and relatives. I have also recommend one of my expat friend from Australia to purchase marine equipment from PAC.

The reason why I log in as a member for the first time is to post a message. A few days ago, this friend of mine went to PAC to get his equipment, over pasir ris farm he met a person claimed to be the founder of SG Reef Club, introduced as Conrad. I'm very disgusted by what he has commented to my friend. He told my friend that the chiller “Pacific Coo” he bought was a copy version of another brand, and passes some bad remarks. As a reef club web master, on what ground does he have to comment on copyrights to strangers? What my friend will think of me?!? If Conrad thinks PAC is selling copy version of his chiller, he can sue the shop owner to court. I think this is very unethical of him to resort to this unorthodox method to promote his own chiller.

As a Reef Club web master, shouldn’t he be portrait as a fair and impartial image to his members? Reef keeping friends of mine ask me to join them in Reef Central, its better there and reefers there are more friendly and experience, I do not believed them until I heard what my Australia friend said, feeling ashame about conrad's unprofessional approach. I have different views now about this club, this will be my first and very last post here. Good Luck to all.

Hi Andrew.

Welcome to SRC. :peace:

Before you blow off steam... can I ask if you are own Pacific Coo chillers?

I think its quite childish to post a thread expressing your disappointment over my personal opinion NOT given to you. Unless you have a vested interest in these chillers. :heh:

Anyway, I would like to answer you point by point to be clear... and I hope you will be more specific in reply rather than to make such general comments.

I'm very disgusted by what he has commented to my friend. He told my friend that the chiller “Pacific Coo” he bought was a copy version of another brand, and passes some bad remarks.

Yeah... that was my opinion and just about every other friend I know who has seen our sponsor's chillers (Titanium & Reef Relief chillers) and the Pacific Coo chillers has similar views. I bumped into your young caucasian friend as he was looking around another LFS and I casually asked if he was new to the hobby and mentioned that he could get a lot of advice and support from other local reefers in SRC. He did seem a little lost. (He couldn't even ID a scallop and I had to tell him what it was).

Bad remarks? Please be specific and state out every word that I have said to your friend. :unsure: Please don't misquote him.

I am very sure that I made no 'bad' remark because I was very vague in my opinion of the PC chiller especially when he kept asking (about 3 times repeatedly) if it was a bad buy? I said I wouldn't know because I have not heard anything about its performance but only that it appears to be a clone of the Ti and RR chillers as mentioned above. I said to him to just be happy with it and not worry so much coz he has paid for it anyway. That much is clear. If you don't believe me, ask him to verify it here.

As a reef club web master, on what ground does he have to comment on copyrights to strangers? What my friend will think of me?!?

What copyrights? What's the sensitivity here? So many products here are clones of something else... not convinced? Hailea pumps is a clone of Aquamedic Oceanrunner pumps, the resun MD-50 is a clone of the Iwaki MD-50, Euroreef is a clone of H&S... this light is a clone of that light... come on man... get real. Who am I? Why does it matter?

I am a person. A reefer. A buyer. Can I not air my own personal opinion to another human being? Why is it your concern such that you have to 'air your disappointment'?? Do you really have a vested interest in the product or somehow that if someone disagreed with your recommendation to your friend, that you feel so hurt and need to lash out? :rolleyes:

If Conrad thinks PAC is selling copy version of his chiller, he can sue the shop owner to court. I think this is very unethical of him to resort to this unorthodox method to promote his own chiller.

Wow... Dr Chill, our sponsor who owns Titanium and Reef Relief Chillers should come and take a look at this. :lol: So if I gave a personal opinion that is negative on a product, I automatically own all the other competing products? :idea: And therefore how unethical it is to have a negative opinion! :lol:

Sue Deon? LOL! Why WOULD I? And if I really wanted to spoil Deon's sale... I would have walked up to the table where your friend and Deon were discussing the purchases and SPOILT everything there and then! I didn't even speak to your friend until I bumped into him at another LFS! <_<

As a Reef Club web master, shouldn’t he be portrait as a fair and impartial image to his members? .

I'm sorry man... I am not a dumb robot that sits on the fence. Ask around. I have strong views on things. If a product sucks (which I didn't say PC chillers do, pls get that right)... I will say it sucks. Do a search... on stuff like Marine Snow, Combisan and some brand of powerhead that has this swiveling nozzle... what else... hmmm... hailea chillers... what's that magnetic tube thingy? Please, be reasonable! If not, pls define 'fair and impartial image to his members'? Anyway... technically, your friend wasn't even a member. :pinch:

Reef keeping friends of mine ask me to join them in Reef Central, its better there and reefers there are more friendly and experience, I do not believed them until I heard what my Australia friend said, feeling ashame about conrad's unprofessional approach.

I like fried rice and you like beef steak. No one's stopping you from going there... friendly folks and nasty people are everywhere... in every reefkeeping forum that I know of.

Can I give you an opinion? Reef Central is an excellent place but NOT perfect. There are unreasonable people there too. And that's a fact that I am not shy to say out loud. There are also unreasonable people here in SRC! :fear: Where are you gonna go to find people who always agree with you?

Now a question to ask you back, what kind of person are YOU? Never mind. You don't have to answer this. ;)

Anyway... what do you mean 'unprofessional' with reference to me? So I'm supposed to be a professional 'what?'... duh?

And duh... your friend kept asking me a few times if what he bought was okie!! He didn't seem to show much confidence in what he bought based on YOUR recommendations? Perhaps he did not do any homework or talked with enough people for feedback?

Anyway.... SORRY to come between YOU and YOUR FRIEND... sorry I made you LOOK bad... but seriously... how was I to know? :angel:

I have different views now about this club, this will be my first and very last post here. Good Luck to all.

Wait! Don't go! I need you to answer me! :yeah:

Have a nice day... and do visit SRC... for the many good folks here who spend a lot of time here teaching and sharing with other folks who genuinely need help. And not just on account of me! LOL!

Conrad aka AT