Scoly have spots without colors...bleached??

Admiraltian

post-19777-0-55260100-1353231582.jpg

Hi all,

As shown above, is it considered bleached or stressed?

Any methods I can do to aid in its healing? Like to hear some advises...thanks in advance.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

tEc' timestamp='1353236240' post='1074835']

from the pic, it look abit stress. Just leave it alone and monitor for 1 week. this is a pretty easy to keep coral. i used to feed mine with pellets to make it freshy

At the moment I leaving it alone but juz noticing that the spots without colors seem to be spreading. Anyone experiencing this before?

Currently I try to feed it more often with liquid coral food.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• SRC Member

If the white spot is something that is clinging on the skin. I suggest that if u can take something plastic n scrape it off gently using edge of the plastic spoon. i always use it on my zoas. After that dip some coralrx

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

If the white spot is something that is clinging on the skin. I suggest that if u can take something plastic n scrape it off gently using edge of the plastic spoon. i always use it on my zoas. After that dip some coralrx

Not really white spot but rather spots without color, kinda transparent where u can see thru to its bone. It's like the zooxanthellae gone from its tissue.

• SRC Member

Poor health.. maybe not enough light or poor quality of water..?? Check your water..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Poor health.. maybe not enough light or poor quality of water..?? Check your water..

Maybe.... Will monitor its health for the time being.

The scoly seem to be recovering...but the patches are still without colors. Hope the colors will return,

here's a pic of it.

post-19777-0-95915800-1353573401_thumb.j

Bro any new updates?

I trying a few supplements hoping it will help, so far not much progress. The patch without color even started to have a small tear. Will keep on monitoring...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Its dying..........do frequent water change and refrain from additives for time being.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Its dying..........do frequent water change and refrain from additives for time being.

Actually it recovered 90% liao. Also thanks to your last suggestion to do 80% water change. Adding iodine and amino acids also aids in healing. Cheers!!

I think it's more due to the nsw water change than rather the amino acids that really helps.

Anyway, the one I am using is Preis aquaristik coral v power. It's coral food for lps, cyclop-eeze and amino acids mixed together.

The green scolymia has recovered, all the fresh has grown back but the original patch which suppose to be orange pattern did not returned. Instead only green color tissue has grown over it but still I'm happy it survived this ordeal. Below is the pics to compare before (original state) and after conditions.

Before:

post-19777-0-23257800-1356663009_thumb.j

After:

post-19777-0-29115900-1356663051.jpg

:thumbsup: glad it recovered! nice one!

Yes, glad it recovered, it was one of fav lps too.