qns.

hi everyone. I just set up my tank a week ago with sea water, carib sea sand, live rocks from cf and slices of market prawn. I have not do water change .just tested ammonia 0. nitrate 0. po4 5ppm. calcium 350. is it normal for po4 to be so high? there is a slice of prawn still not decompose. should I remove traces of the prawn or should I continue cycle till it disappear and do water change and test again? water now is sg 1.020. how can I raise it to 1.024 during water change? more salt during mixing with di water or make it 1.024? hope you guys can assist me . thanks so much in advance .currently running and dosing biopallet, c balance a & b , npx bactiv8. temp maintain at 25. have not dos trace element .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

post-3060-13536743601848_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536743773534_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536744107483_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536744303809_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536744906169_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536745171706_thumb.jpg

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

just wanna share with you guys some stuff I diy. the tunze overflow so that my dt water can maintain higher. default is 8 cm from the rim. cos my tank is just 60x 30x 36 . my sump even more sad case. 50x25x35cm . manage to squeeze in sock filter, fr, skimmer , and chaeto . fr output flow to chaeto. im still thinking do I have to use cr as I still have a co2 tank and solenoid. do you guys dose kalkwasser? thinking of diy kalk wasser stirrer and algae scrubber .

post-3060-13536746952636_thumb.jpg

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

this is the diy cabinet with aryclic. had a spare old ikea storage so i salvage it . as for the other side, theres a gap from the wall with all the wires behind . so I built a door to cover up.

post-3060-13536749993185_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536750198896_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536750327691_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536751360264_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536751524569_thumb.jpg

post-3060-13536751868474_thumb.jpg

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

Very nice DIY work. To increase salinity level, u can add more salt to your di water when making your saltwater. Since its a week only, your ammonia hasn't reach a spike thus reading is zero. It takes time for nitrifying bacteria to grow to decompose your market prawn. Continue adding bacteria to increase the population. U should also test your nitrite now instead of nitrate cos your bacteria level should be low now to breakdown nitrite to nitrate. Once ammonia has reached it's peak, it will dropped and nitrite level will rise. Once nitrite starts to drop, cycling will almost be complete. It's takes about a month or so to fully cycle your tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Great to know another diy-er.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

gosh . I spent so much on the test kit already. really the need for nitrite kit?

It's usually needed during cycling. After cycling done, nitrite should maintained zero.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

everytime water change I had to mix the di with salt till 1.024 then I fill back to the dt? or do I just water change with di? I understand topup no need salt mix right ?

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

Top up with di is to prevent salinity to increase when water in your tank evaporates. Salt content won't evaporates, only water. To increase SG level, do WC with higher SG premixed synthetic salt water.

Top up with di is to prevent salinity to increase when water in your tank evaporates. Salt content won't evaporates, only water. To increase SG level, do WC with higher SG premixed synthetic salt water.

oh really. thanks . I bought as second hand for the mp 10.just the equipment only. no box no manual. if the motor stop . it wun magnet to the wet assembly? or is just a pre caution ?

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

bros out there,

think i messed up my water parameter already .

was driping the two bag of powders i got from iwarna. auntie say one is for mag one is for kh like kalkwassser.

i just run rowa in phosban 150. the ph drop to 7.8.

juz buffer with seachem reef to 8.1.

and i was auto dosing c-bal since day one .5ml .

tested my water with dd testkit.

no3 0

po4 0

cal 800 (it took me to refill the regent twice 2ml and use 1.6ml to change from pink to blue. 1.6*500=800)

mag 200 (using 1ml regent but the color still dark purple so i didnt continue. 0.1 * 2000 = 200)

kh i try to test but it always blue then suddenly change to orange which means overdosed.

what should i do now ?

i have stop dripping the 2 powder solution, c-bal a and b yesterday, and i was thinking of doing a water change tonight with salt mix and let it stable for a month . my zoas and corals are stressed now .

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member

bros out there,

think i messed up my water parameter already .

was driping the two bag of powders i got from iwarna. auntie say one is for mag one is for kh like kalkwassser.

i just run rowa in phosban 150. the ph drop to 7.8.

juz buffer with seachem reef to 8.1.

and i was auto dosing c-bal since day one .5ml .

tested my water with dd testkit.

no3 0

po4 0

cal 800 (it took me to refill the regent twice 2ml and use 1.6ml to change from pink to blue. 1.6*500=800)

mag 200 (using 1ml regent but the color still dark purple so i didnt continue. 0.1 * 2000 = 200)

kh i try to test but it always blue then suddenly change to orange which means overdosed.

what should i do now ?

i have stop dripping the 2 powder solution, c-bal a and b yesterday, and i was thinking of doing a water change tonight with salt mix and let it stable for a month . my zoas and corals are stressed now .

Seems like ur tank is small size.. Its good to learn step by step slowly.

I dont do additives, as it too troublesome for such small tank. I do water changes 50% of saltmix of same brand for my tank.

And its good for heavily stocked tank with water changes.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Very impressive setup especially the DIY cabinet .

System 45 - 1.5 ft cube with sump

Vortech MP 10

Maxspect Nano Razor 60W

BM Nac 3.5 Skimmer

BM MF70 reactor - Rowaphos

Phosban reactor 150 - NP Biopellet

Hailea chiller HS 28A

Newbie_David

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like ur tank is small size.. Its good to learn step by step slowly.

I dont do additives, as it too troublesome for such small tank. I do water changes 50% of saltmix of same brand for my tank.

And its good for heavily stocked tank with water changes.

agreed. dont dose too many things to your water for small tank. i only dose abit of iron for my chaeto to grow only. just do more water change.

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

• SRC Member

You might want to do another retest for you parameters... Seems bit extreme imo...

The concept of dosing is to keep parameter constantly within a certain range to avoid huge fluctuation. Doing water change helps to replenish (again dependant on consumption) but in between water changes cal/alk/mg have the tendency to be consumed by coral, etc... So u will need to find to optimum level for dosing regularly to compensate for consumption. small regular additions will keep parameters relatively constant throughout the day/week.

During the start of dosing regime, u need to check you parameters daily or every 2 days to see what impact it has on your parameter. only by doing so will u be able to know how much is needed. Even so its good practice to test regularly (maybe every week or 2) to ensure dosage is still ample/in excess. every new addition or removal of corals may change this consumption rate which again has to be adjusted.

Hope it helps... :cheers:

Hope it helps.

:: just a noob ::

Bro, how's your tank doing? And the zoas u got from me ok?

Bro, how's your tank doing? And the zoas u got from me ok?

hi bro, everything is good . just do water change recently. measure parameters yesterday.finally got my calcium to 443 and kh 9 . haven test mg yet .

anymore coral to sell me ? whatsap me okie ...

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

hi bro, everything is good . just do water change recently. measure parameters yesterday.finally got my calcium to 443 and kh 9 . haven test mg yet .

anymore coral to sell me ? whatsap me okie ...

At this moment dun have, if have I let u know. I'm also collecting now that my rescape completed.

oh really. thanks . I bought as second hand for the mp 10.just the equipment only. no box no manual. if the motor stop . it wun magnet to the wet assembly? or is just a pre caution ?

U can buy the clip at Daiso ? Or I have spare , can give u also

System 45 - 1.5 ft cube with sump

Vortech MP 10

Maxspect Nano Razor 60W

BM Nac 3.5 Skimmer

BM MF70 reactor - Rowaphos

Phosban reactor 150 - NP Biopellet

Hailea chiller HS 28A

Newbie_David