My little 2ft Haven

jxlex

• SRC Member

First time testing for potassium (K) and got the biggest shock of my life! 300! Now need to adjust upwards again!

Learnt something new too! In order to balance up Ca and Kh (in case of high Ca and low Kh) one has to bring up Kh to match Ca before being able to bring both down together!

Very interesting...

Mine too. The DD salt is 300 only. So I have to boost up before I wc....

But shouldnt ur faunan boling 123 will add potassium with other trace?

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member
Are you dosing C balance A+B? May I know how many ml you are dosing daily?
I am using 3 parts (i.e. Ca, Kh & Mg) currently the consumption not accurate cos i adjusting my Ca level which is abit high. I try to maintain my levels bout 411 Ca, 7.5 for kh and 1350 for Mg

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member
First time testing for potassium (K) and got the biggest shock of my life! 300! Now need to adjust upwards again! Learnt something new too! In order to balance up Ca and Kh (in case of high Ca and low Kh) one has to bring up Kh to match Ca before being able to bring both down together! Very interesting... Mine too. The DD salt is 300 only. So I have to boost up before I wc.... But shouldnt ur faunan boling 123 will add potassium with other trace?
Apparently not leh bro... The balling light trace only supplement based on how much the dosing amount. Will be going to buy the FM easy K to adjust the levels lor. Like for me now my calcium is high so i stop dosing calcium for this period. By stopping none of the trace elements (balling 1&2) gets added in. Hope im not confusing you. Simpler terms, the balling light trace 3 parts is added into my ca and kh top up And not directly into the tank

• SRC Member

very nice photos. The lens you are using has a unique Bokeh.

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

A short update: Equipment changes: 1)Added another wp40 to my arsenal of wavemakers... Think is because of the height, my mp40 and mp10 at full blast sync TSM mode doesnt seem to suffice. 2) removed biopellet from my setup as i came to realise that it was not supposed to be used with the zeolites... Bad mistake to take it out at a go as it did cause abit of diatom but it is getting better. 3) today added 2 tubes of t5 for aesthetic purpose... I still like the flooding feeling of the t5. Just to note, the radion w tir lens is colouring up and growing my frags :cheers: Nothing much other then the above have changed thank god! Some pics to share :) FTS: post-18088-1362319418434_thumb.jpg Misc shots: My millie corner (a loripe got in the way): post-18088-13623194479199_thumb.jpg Digitatas n birdnest n carolina: post-18088-13623194810315_thumb.jpg Top of tank with most of the light demanding acros: post-18088-13623195224597_thumb.jpg post-18088-13623195794734_thumb.jpg post-18088-13623196453471_thumb.jpg Any suggestions and feedback will be welcomed :cheers:

Wow , scary ... Very nice and colorful ... Must pay u a visit and learn some skills from you .. Feel like trying FM products too

System 45 - 1.5 ft cube with sump

Vortech MP 10

Maxspect Nano Razor 60W

BM Nac 3.5 Skimmer

BM MF70 reactor - Rowaphos

Phosban reactor 150 - NP Biopellet

Hailea chiller HS 28A

Newbie_David

• SRC Member

Nah... Its the lighting la... I cant seem to get the representation right... The colours here are closer to the high blues at night hours... During the 10-20k lighting period, its less vibrant other then for the blues and green...

Still trying to adjust till it looks perfect for me... Haha...

Ya nice products give it a try if it allows... :)

I still wanna grab ur frags bro! Haha

• SRC Member

Wow mp10 + mp40 still not enough on your nano. Can imagine the flow inside. Your sps very colourful, must be lots of effort. How are the polyps extension?

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

I like your tank !

Give it to me if you get sick of it one day.

Stop posting any more pics cos it drives me crazy.

Tolong Tolong you ... :bow:

LOL.

You are hilarious bro... Haha... The someday wont be so soon la... Haha...

Much more nicer ones out there for sure...

• SRC Member

Wow mp10 + mp40 still not enough on your nano. Can imagine the flow inside. Your sps very colourful, must be lots of effort. How are the polyps extension?

Ya i was quite surprised too... Initially i tot 1 mp40 enuf then apparently not... So added another mp10... Still not there... So added a tunze 6015, somehow spoilt so in goes the wp40 lor...

Dun get me wrong, the mp40 is good for an overall flow at least at top 66% of the tank but i find it not random enuf so the mp10 went in in hope to aid it... But prob came when i realise the front of the tank (nearer to where the mps are placed) are getting good flow but the back by the time the flow disperse there kinda weak liao... So i added the wp40... I think the wp40 helped to circulate the back to the front and also cos of the power brings more flow to the bottom part of the tank too... At least now i can see more swaying of the corals below... Previously was like slow floating movement...

Effort wise i dare say is very much similar to everyone else here... Just abit more anal to details and until today, every 2-3 days i still test water to do adjustments...

Polyp extension is good for the acros, digi and birdnest kena disturb by the flame so only open little by day and fully at night... Since i gave up catching him, i decided to look at the bright side and enjoy the natural colours of the skin... Haha

Its a hobby! Need to enjoy else can give up liao... For weird reasons, i just cannot stop fiddling with the tank... CO nagging is starting liao.. Only saving grace is my son is just as crazy... Haha

I also got the same problem, cannot stop fiddling with my tank... Lol

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Ya, ha ha... All ur sps seem close to each other. Soon u will need to trim them.... I can help u on this... Heheheh...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Ya i was quite surprised too... Initially i tot 1 mp40 enuf then apparently not... So added another mp10... Still not there... So added a tunze 6015, somehow spoilt so in goes the wp40 lor...

Dun get me wrong, the mp40 is good for an overall flow at least at top 66% of the tank but i find it not random enuf so the mp10 went in in hope to aid it... But prob came when i realise the front of the tank (nearer to where the mps are placed) are getting good flow but the back by the time the flow disperse there kinda weak liao... So i added the wp40... I think the wp40 helped to circulate the back to the front and also cos of the power brings more flow to the bottom part of the tank too... At least now i can see more swaying of the corals below... Previously was like slow floating movement...

Effort wise i dare say is very much similar to everyone else here... Just abit more anal to details and until today, every 2-3 days i still test water to do adjustments...

Polyp extension is good for the acros, digi and birdnest kena disturb by the flame so only open little by day and fully at night... Since i gave up catching him, i decided to look at the bright side and enjoy the natural colours of the skin... Haha

Its a hobby! Need to enjoy else can give up liao... For weird reasons, i just cannot stop fiddling with the tank... CO nagging is starting liao.. Only saving grace is my son is just as crazy... Haha

lol I like the wife nagging part haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

I like your tank !

Give it to me if you get sick of it one day.

Stop posting any more pics cos it drives me crazy.

Tolong Tolong you ... :bow:

LOL.

Bro don't wait liao build new tank for SPS and LPS.