Need to borrow a"Road Distance Measurement Roller"

kschew1498

• SRC Member

Hi

Does anybody works as a surveyor here? I wish to borrow those roller that the surveyor rolls on the road to measure the distance between 2 place!

I need by early next week because need to go to this damp chemical plant in Tuas for site survey!! Sian!! <_<

I will pay you a token if necessary! Thanks in advance!! :P

Or else dont know how to measure the distance between this 2 control room stretching from one end to the other end!!! <_<

• SRC Member

maybe an electronic range finder (I think thats what its called). Point to a location and shoot and the distance is shown.. hehe ... but not cheap...

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Use GPS. B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Then back to the laser range finder. People who play golf or shoot might have it.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

GPS is damm expensive.. I have one because i used to cycle.. Why dont ask cyclist to lent u their bikes which have thoese CAT EYE computer distance reader.. U want . I have it. U just need to do the final division by divided the bicycle rim dimension :thanks:

• SRC Member

Brothers...no need so advance la! :lol:

Just want to borrow those they use to roll on the floor and measure with it.

My customer will laugh until upside down if they see me using a GPS or electronic range finder!! :lol:

Anyway, the plant is very near to Tuas check point....confidential la....maybe my competitor is a reefer in SRC as well...so.... ;)

Anybody??? :D

• SRC Member
GPS is damm expensive.. I have one because i used to cycle.. Why dont ask cyclist to lent u their bikes which have thoese CAT EYE computer distance reader.. U want . I have it. U just need to do the final division by divided the bicycle rim dimension :thanks:

Thanks....but I would have to bring a bicycle there to measure??!! Dont want la.....pai say leh!! :lol:

• SRC Member
maybe an electronic range finder (I think thats what its called). Point to a location and shoot and the distance is shown.. hehe ... but not cheap...

It is called a theodolite...and for accuracy, you need a prism to go with it. Fifteen mins will do the job if the distance is not far and there's not much human traffic :)

If really necessary...there's a number of quantity of quantity and land surveying offices but you got to ask through the malay middleman or workers, they more easy-going. They may even do it for you for some token. The bosses will cringe at your idea as each piece easily cost at least $100000.

• SRC Member

It is called a theodolite...and for accuracy, you need a prism to go with it. Fifteen mins will do the job if the distance is not far and there's not much human traffic :)

If really necessary...there's a number of quantity of quantity and land surveying offices but you got to ask through the malay middleman or workers, they more easy-going. They may even do it for you for some token. The bosses will cringe at your idea as each piece easily cost at least $100000.

dun think he need theodolite... wad he need is just those simple roller typr(something like cane with roller on the other end...but u need to "walk" the "cane" from point A to point B.. :lol:

• SRC Member

dun think he need theodolite... wad he need is just those simple roller typr(something like cane with roller on the other end...but u need to "walk" the "cane" from point A to point B.. :lol:

Razo....correct correct...that what I need !! :yeah:

Fubberina13.....thanks for enlightening us..... :lol: The theodolite that you are referring...is it those that they have a tripod stand with a pendulum in between the tripod..... ;) Always puzzle what are they doing on the road....thought is measureing the ground above sea level....hahaha :lol: