Some guy kissed my ass

SpiderOne

• SRC Member
I notice one thing abt driving in singapore... when you signal to change lane... the car in the next land would just speed up and not let you come in... this is esp true for cabbies.... even though there is no bloody car or traffic jam... they just dont want you to come in front of them...

Benz, sentiments the same.. i drive my company van at times to run some errands and as u all know, vans have big blind spots.. and although we signal early after doing all the checks, some idiots, regardless whether cabs or cars, will zoom up along.. wat an ######... <_< sometimes, i see ppl giving way to motorist and move half way to the next lane without signalling.. that is very dangerous...

Given a choice, i still prefer to drive in Melbourne and Tasmania.. ppl give way when u signal.. and in the event of single lane, they will be the one going behind u.. but dun flash their lights at u...i had a good time driving and enjoyed my drive in Australia...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion the driving in Singapore is poor. Mostly due to selfish behaviour/driving habits that has been highlighted in many of these threads. Deliberately making someone behind crash into you does nothing to improve the safety on Singapore's roads.

Treat everyone as an idiot, calm down, relax, just let them pass and you live longer.

Good luck in Perth SpiderOne, but please bear in mind the recent accident where several Singaporeans were killed.

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

hi,noticed that this thread is quite old,but i stumbled over it just recently.I fully agree with what spidy has done.I have been a victim of a taxi driver too..it happened on a filter lane.this old taxi driver moved off and jam his brakes just before the line,i pulled up my handbrake but it was too damn late,i went straight into his bum...i went out of my vehicle,and wat did i see?the taxi driver giving me a big fat grin.he even had the cheek to ask for compensation.$400 will secure me a deal that will not give my premium a spike...wtf,there is only slight damage on his rear bumper but my front was pretty much messed up...and i had only changed the front grilles n skirting the week b4...he came prepared,he bombarded me with how my premium is going to hit heaven if i dun pay him....i told him i needed to consider and will give him an ans in a day..later that nite,he came down to my workplace and made a fuc%$#g big scene shouting that i had cheated an old man,he stay just 2 blks away from my workplace,talk abt fate....he made so much noise that the chefs had to come out with their choppers and kindly told him to F off...i negotiated the amt to be paid to $200 and i paid him....my own damages came up to more than $600...not including my damaged bodykit...this is crap..i'm just another P plater on the road..why me...so there u go,it is totally USELESS to spare a thought for these old bloodsuckers....i beleive the act WAS deliberate and so did other motorists from a motoring forum..now u can judge 4 urself if they deserve our sympathy...btw,i have taken and completed stage 4 advance defensive driving course plus defensive driving courses by SAAB...I am still waiting for dat old fellow to appear(beleive he has changed taxis) so that i can PULL MY f@$#$@king handbrake in front of him..he will not even see the brake lights!! go spidy,u're da MAN!

• SRC Member

hahaha.. Maroon_clown... you da man... pity you cant find the driver.... what are you driving and which forum are you with?

spidy and me have been out on the roads these few days.. but glad to say.. our spidy is one safer driver now... i know cos i have been with him when he is drivin.... some taxi drivers.. wanna filter left or right also dunno who to indicate... and just when you are also filtering left and the signal light is on.. he/she filters out suddenly as well...

its common here in singapore i guess.... well as the saying goes.. "when in rome do as the romans does"...

• SRC Member

To be in all fairness, i believe there are some drivers out there who simply love to smell the rear of other vehicles. Or perhaps they are trying to get a closer look of the exhaust for modifications :D

I am not sure if spidy's act or if his reasons are justifiable, but there must be enough agitation from the taxi driver to spur a somewhat reckless move.(especially the laughing part which i think is disturbing)

There were situations, however, that i met with very inconsiderate drivers who hog the first lane. Rod hogging does not necessarily mean slow. Rather, it means too damn slow at the lane at that point of time.

I remember Glenn Ong from 95FM once lament on national radio about rod hoggers. He said some drivers will drive in the first lane at 90-100 km/h and refuse to move aside for other vehicles to overtake. If the 2nd lane is free, they expect the faster car to overtake using that! In view of that; he suggested raising the road limit to 140 or better, 160km/h so those who are unable to keep up with that speed will stay clear of the first lane. :D:D

I hardly meet with tailgaters bcos i practice the following:

When i see ,from the rear mirror, a car closing in a high speed, i will filter left and allow him to overtake before i filter back to the right behind him( even though i may be travelling at 120km/h). I think this is basic courtesy unless you see yourself ramming the accelerator even more just to keep ahead of him. This drill must be done especially if you see that the vehicle is of a higher capacity, As a driver, we are able to identify the make of cars and how our little machines measure up right?

So much said, i will and frequently ram my brakes on those inconsiderate drivers who simply turn out from corners and caused me to brake really hard to avoid a collision. Those bastards definitely saw me coming fast at a distance but the mentality is that of "hey you saw me, you will have to brake". :angry: For these drivers, i reserve my 'overtake and jam brake move'.

Good thing i just had my exhaust and air filter modified.

Aiyah, we must be accountable for all our actions. Many times after i do my act, i will also reflect on the worst case scenarios. Sometimes i feel a tinge of guilt, but other times I FEEL THOSE BASTARDS DESERVE IT! MUAH....hah ha ha... :evil::evil:

• SRC Member

Hand brakes for emergency braking are for antique cars! Don't even consider using it now because it's too slow and you tend to use less pressure on the foot brake. Even with disc brakes on the rear, the single piston calipers are not even half as effective as the front discs. If the rear brakes are drums it will be worse. Locking up the rear brake is also very very dangerous, especially if your car is in a turn.

A full stomp on the brake pedal is the best and let the ABS handle everything else provided your tyres are good. Even if you don't have ABS, just stomp fully because even if the wheels lock up and skid it will be too late to pulse the brake pedal unless you have WRC reflexes, but if you have WRC reflexes you won't be in that predicament in the first place. If your speed is slow, the wheels won't skid anyway.

Mercedes found out that it's very common for drivers to not apply full pressure on the brakes during e-braking, so stomp harder and hopefully the car behind you isn't that close.

I realised that standing on the pedal for a full stop makes a lot of difference. During NS, my camp had a runway that was closed at night.... B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Mercedes found out that it's very common for drivers to not apply full pressure on the brakes during e-braking, so stomp harder and hopefully the car behind you isn't that close.

yeah...i agree with this statement...

anyway, i feel lost without a handbrake now that i have to get used to a foot parking brake on the extreme left above where the left foot is supposed to rest in a automatic transmission car...

i dun see any advantages with a foot parking brake...i want my handbrake back :(

• SRC Member

What do you use the handbrake for? :huh:

I don't like the foot brake because it digs into my shin. One of the big reason against getting a Merc or Lexus.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

gotten used to having that handbrake on the left ...so kinda miss it...although you are right...it's not something in constant use while the vehicle is on the move..hehe

it's like you open the door...sit in the car, and want to release something by hand..instead now have to step on the footpark brake to release the parking brake....really total change from use hand to use leg...

just like drive auto car. still have habit to rest left hand on the auto gear level, like in manual days....

habits die hard :lol:

anyway, nowadays the bumper either front or back, nice is nice lah..but then really lacks the oooomph of bumpers from earlier years where the bumpers are usually some kinda black hard rubber/plastic kinda material....knock alittle here and there also nothing will happen...

nowadays the bumpers, really are cosmetic bumpers...use hand push hard also can make a small depression

anyway, nowadays the bumper either front or back, nice is nice lah..but then really lacks the oooomph of bumpers from earlier years where the bumpers are usually some kinda black hard rubber/plastic kinda material....knock alittle here and there also nothing will happen...

nowadays the bumpers, really are cosmetic bumpers...use hand push hard also can make a small depression

u should buy a bumper guard..

veri old bird using them find it useful..

slight bum front n back.. only the plastic bumper strip protection kenna..

your bumper still no scratch.

• SRC Member

Bumpers are soft to absorb impact but they are very expensive to replace.

Damaged bumper must be replaced for $500-600 while dented metal just needs panel beating and paint which cost $200.

post-36-1093875548.jpg