WP 40 Wavemaker

Kakani

check this out there is a adjustable power supply for the WP40, u can control the power supply if there is too much flow

http://www.fish-street.com/product_details.php?item_id=597

This item is only For Jebao WP-40 / WP-25 Replacement Pump Opertation Power Supply Only

Specification

Power 110V to 240V Voltage

Can Set for 12V /15V /16V /18(18.5V) / 19(19.5V) 20/21V / 24V Voltage

Customer can adjustable to Power Supply voltage on the Pump if too much flow

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Sorry newbie here, still don't quite get it. Do you mean the power can be only control by adapter? So I need to change adapter If i need more or less power to control it? Thanks

From what i understand :

This wavemaker can run at 4300l/hr to over 10k per hour. if you want to use the wavemode, for smaller tank, it will definitely be too powerful and since wp-25 is not out yet. what many people overseas did is to swap the exisiting 24V adpater, to a 12V adapter. Some buy universal variable adapters that can switch from 15 all the way to 24Vs, which is better since u can decided how fast you want the flow.

That being said, if i run 4300l/hr on 24v, i should get 2150l/hr on a 12v adapter. Correct me if im wrong.. haven't bought the wavemaker and adapter yet.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

WP25 video is out

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21391936#post21391936

from the reefer on RC :

I got some info on the Jebao WP25 directly from Jebao.

This is from Wystan Jebao..

Quote: Dear Steve,

About USD30 ,now we testing it ,attached the viedo and photo for your ref,thanks!

He included a picture and a video.

WP-40ampWP-25_zps8554dd28.jpg

http://youtu.be/fYc1hZy5iV0

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

To: All wp40 owners,

Is your wp40's night sensor working properly?

Mine's operate like that:

- When all lights switched off, it does not work. The normal wave mode carries on...

- When part of hall's lights are on (away from the tank area), it works.

Thanks!

• SRC Member

Jebao said the sensor is meant for lower lighting tank. If u use strong leds. Ur sensor will spoil and it's not covered under warranty.. Fish street sells the sensor for a dollar

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

any case in the ocean at night the flow is still the same . why bother about the night mode ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

Jebao said the sensor is meant for lower lighting tank. If u use strong leds. Ur sensor will spoil and it's not covered under warranty.. Fish street sells the sensor for a dollar

I'm using t5s for my 3ft tank and the controller is placed abt 15cm away at lighting height from the tank. The sensor is still working and hence I guess it's fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

yup if it is too dark it goes back to normal operation. what i did is put the sensor near the window. needs some fine tuning but works perfectly.

Hmmm... then my unit is working perfectly based on your point above. Agreed with you can do some fine tuning with different placements.

• SRC Member

any case in the ocean at night the flow is still the same . why bother about the night mode ?

Agreed with you that mother nature still works her way in the big ocean. I guess the night mode suits cost conscious reef hobbyists like me to save some $$$ with lower voltage use at night...

I Just bought a wp40 for my 3x2x2 tank it seen good no sand storm, i using mode W2 :) and i removed 2 tunze6045 wavemaker from my tank. so far so good.

Wah, I just got mine and it is powerful! My tank has same dimension, I find it way too powerful and use a adapter to step it down. Is perfect now! Happy owner.

Bro poosible to show a video how you plave pump and how is wave like?

Thanks

• SRC Member

im using first gen. still working well leh. people say sensor problem for me okay leh.. just fine tune your sensor or controller placement will do... for me in the evening 6plus will go night mode..

Hi,

I'm using 2 1st gen., the 2nd's in my 4' sump which doubles s a quarantine tank. I've however substituted the original adaptors for 12vs from Sim Lin Tower. Whenever I want a stronger flow I just use W1 mode.

Used 2 run my tank on Resun 1500.