Fungus on clownfish?

• SRC Member

Hey fellas, more than a month ago, bought a pair of false percular and they were down with brook. both died within days.. Now after more than a month, i left the tank fishless to clear off any parasites left..

added a pair of true perc from sea life just yesterday.. Both similar size (bad move).. There were some flarings.. both eating mysis shrimp.. Today noticed one fella swimming in a awkward manner and upon closer inspection.. i saw this.

Noticed 2 growth on the body.. don't look light bite marks.

2013-03-27231540_zpsb18c6791.jpg

The other fella still swimming normally.

Any idea what is this?

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Lets hope its not brooks or lymphocystis. Maybe u can look through the pics on this website to see if theres any similarity. forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/127010/diseased-fish-pictures

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Just one day does disease come that fast? anyway this true perc is missing. Not sure if its dead but i cant find it through.. might have to go through the rocks to find the body.. i don't have much hope for this fella..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 4 weeks later...

Invest in UV bro! It's help when I was fighting ich. So far blue tang never ganna anymore for 1 month already. On like 2 hrs a day.

You are right hermit. UV helps a lot in treating Ich. I have also came across with this problen and the UV is one who fulfill my needs and help me reducing Ich.