Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

Aftermath of pouring the can of rowapgos directly into FR before rinsing. Caused lots of dirt accumulation at the bottom of the sump. Managed to do one water change and suck out the dirt today and thankfully the skimmer did its job pretty well toopost-600-13723315710307_thumb.jpg

"Save a reef, grow your own"

My first inhabitants in preparation for any algae bloom. Clean up crews consisting of a blue legged hermit, couple of naussarius snails and turbo snails. Always felt that effectiveness have been understated post-600-13723316384521_thumb.jpgpost-600-13723316472116_thumb.jpg

I bet u can't wait to stock out on corals and fishes as well... Ha ha...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

I bet u can't wait to stock out on corals and fishes as well... Ha ha...

bro, u are so right. My hands are already itching big time but must control till I get my water parameters right. Haha

Updates on water parameters... The perils I using NSW to start a tank is the unusually low readings of the essentials.

SG: 1.021

Calcium: 380

dKH: 6.6

Mg: 945

Will try to bump them up further over next few days using C balance. Hopefully by Sunday so that at least can go farm look see. Haha

• SRC Member

Think your sump was not made to house a insump skimmer. In sump skimmer need constant water level to work. My sump was made in a way such that no matter how much water is flowing to the sump, water where my skimmer is located is always the same level. The only portion that will vary in water level is my last portion, where my return pumps are located

ahh now i understand what the reservoir vincent was talking about is meant for haha....couldnt quite get why waste such a big space at first but reading your post made the bulb in my head light up

Aftermath of pouring the can of rowapgos directly into FR before rinsing. Caused lots of dirt accumulation at the bottom of the sump. Managed to do one water change and suck out the dirt today and thankfully the skimmer did its job pretty well tooattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1372331657.285142.jpg

thankfully i have done mine yet. was reading the label to not wash but recall my old sorb 4 got wash.

• SRC Member
Updates on water parameters... The perils I using NSW to start a tank is the unusually low readings of the essentials. SG: 1.021Calcium: 380dKH: 6.6Mg: 945Will try to bump them up further over next few days using C balance. Hopefully by Sunday so that at least can go farm look see. Haha
Before tank is cycled dont have to do measurement. When your cycle is completed, do a 50% water change with good salt. After that dose whatever u need to balance up the perimeters.

Before tank is cycled dont have to do measurement. When your cycle is completed, do a 50% water change with good salt. After that dose whatever u need to balance up the perimeters.

hi bro, thanks for the suggestion. Any idea why there is no need to do a test on water at this point? Just curious as I don't think those parameters will vary much before or after cycling.... Unless of course, like you mentioned, if I do a 50% water change with a good salt mix. But good that I have an indication of my NSW parameters too I guess. Haha. Thanks!

hi bro, thanks for the suggestion. Any idea why there is no need to do a test on water at this point? Just curious as I don't think those parameters will vary much before or after cycling.... Unless of course, like you mentioned, if I do a 50% water change with a good salt mix. But good that I have an indication of my NSW parameters too I guess. Haha. Thanks!

Generally you don't have to do dosing until you have some serious corals inside. More than usual, a water change with a good salt will default the parameters back to ideal..

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Generally you don't have to do dosing until you have some serious corals inside. More than usual, a water change with a good salt will default the parameters back to ideal..

thanks guys for the advice. Get to save some money from that perhaps for a little while more

thanks guys for the advice. Get to save some money from that perhaps for a little while more
That's a gd idea, save $$$ first for future reefing.... Ha ha

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Nice documentation of ur tank. Definitely a very patient and diligent reefer. You will see success!

hi Wilson, thanks for the encouragements. Hope this will be a successful tank too. Reason why I had so much time to do research was that I was on 2 months mc after a heart attack after a run to train for IPPT at the age of 32. Haha. Unbelievable.... More unbelievable is the cause is congenital and my arteries which are too big cause blood to flow slower, coagulates more easily, clot, and ultimately my heart attack. So now gotta take full use of my second lease at life. Been very blessed to be alive still.

hi Wilson, thanks for the encouragements. Hope this will be a successful tank too. Reason why I had so much time to do research was that I was on 2 months mc after a heart attack after a run to train for IPPT at the age of 32. Haha. Unbelievable.... More unbelievable is the cause is congenital and my arteries which are too big cause blood to flow slower, coagulates more easily, clot, and ultimately my heart attack. So now gotta take full use of my second lease at life. Been very blessed to be alive still.

Hi bro, u really shock me! can't believe at age 32 u for heart attack. Last year see u thin but fit. Glad u are ok now. Take care bro

Yes, bro. Take good care of ur Heath in order to enjoy the finer things in life (reefing). Cheers.

Yes, bro. Take good care of ur Heath in order to enjoy the finer things in life (reefing). Cheers.

Thanks guys. Guess life is really fragile. Do take care of our own health to enjoy the finer (reefing) things in life and the company of our loved ones. Enjoy the reefing Sunday. Will update soon if I get any thing from the farm later

First 3 corals. A jewel, red cynarina and a yellow tip torch. Will try to spruce up my 2nd island slowly before going on to my first island which will have more sps due to the stronger flow at that areapost-600-13725616581164_thumb.jpgpost-600-13725616891284_thumb.jpg