My SPS tank as of 5 Jan 04

Top view left corner.

Had to push my light pendant away from the tank so I don't get light reflecting off the water surface, therefore tank is dim, with more blue MH light in this photo because my Ushio Blue bulbs are in front.

Using a Sony digi cam courtesy of Linkin Park. It really brings out certain colours unlike the Canon cameras which gives a cooler feel. Wow! Have yet to fully play around with the settings but we shot quite a bit to capture the true colours of my tank to be WYSIWYG.

Still experimenting tomorrow... so hope to bring you better looking photos with diff exposure settings we are trying out as it is extremely difficult to shoot with high wattage MHs that causes glare/washed out areas without losing too much colour. It is definitely impossible to shoot with blue MH bulbs because everything looks blue to the camera.

What you see here is about two-thirds of my 3ft width.

post-22-1075998703.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

If you have only 1 Aquarium reef to see this year, you must see "The Boss's Reef"

The best Reef ever!

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

Roidan, very hard to shoot under so much glare. Here's an example of an exposure that allowed just enough light into the camera but not so that everything's washed out.

I nearly fell and dropped the camera into the tank attempting this shot! My hands were trembling because I had to shoot blind with the camera raised high as I leaned from the front of my tank!

Overhead view of my right side, with the light hood pushed back but with the front MH (Ushio blue) over the back part of my tank.

Most of the light's from the Ushio Blue so colour's a bit skewed.

post-22-1075994475.jpg

I am still waitng for more pics leh..... ;)

Seeing your tank that day has created a huge hole in my wallet recently :evil::evil:

I keep pestering Trigger Queen to go see your tank in person :lol::lol::lol:

I am still waitng for more pics leh..... ;)

Seeing your tank that day has created a huge hole in my wallet recently :evil::evil:

I keep pestering Trigger Queen to go see your tank in person :lol::lol::lol:

Oh? What did you do? Invested in better lights or skimmer?

I can't decide if I still like the colours from a Canon camera better or a Sony camera's!

Sony's yellow and greens seems more outstanding and the Canon seems to bring out the blues and pinks.... errr...

Maybe I'm just a lousy photographer! :P

Oh? What did you do? Invested in better lights or skimmer?

My 2 X 250W 10000K, Ca Reactor on the way :lol::lol: and many more test kit to check on the water parameter :lol::lol:

btw, love the look under the ushio blues. Didnt like the 6500K 400W ones <_<

My black maxima clam with purple stripes.

The aiptasias that used to grow on its shell has been cleared up by my peppermint shrimps! :) Now I have some interesting frilly macroalgae growing on its shell!

post-22-1076010984.jpg