Is this Sunburst Anthias?

• SRC Member

Thanks for the replies. My tanks tried to bully it initially. Now seems ok. Bought this at one of those luo han converted LFS at Serangoon North. Was the only one there. Guess these shops sometimes also got "ho liao". Only concern is their water quality and condition of the LS.... keep my fingers crossed....

;) Nice fish!!! Hardly this anthias lei!!!

because Hardy this anthias not..... :lol::lol::lol:

initial climatisation veri important, dun shock it....dun intro to tank with tankmates that will go after it, if it refuse to eat, you'll find little success with it....

and it is a deep water anthias, not so common, likes to hide in caves, freq. see it upside down in caves:lol: :lol:

Bought this at one of those luo han converted LFS at Serangoon North.

Is it Lim Pet's House you bought it from?

Owner quoted me $45 which I promptly turned down ;)

Its fairly large with nice streamers.

Reminds me of the Maoris with their face tattoos.

Good Luck :)

• SRC Member

The whole shop sells marine LS only and is attended by an elderly couple. They have a banner indicating marine LS behind the shop where the car park is... that;s how I spotted the shop.

My all along "kuai" flame angle is now playing the bad guy... keep chasing the poor fellow from time to time..... :angry:

Bought the cyclopeeze just now... but so far all my LS and coral enjoying it except the anthias...... that's see how it goes the next two days....

Depending on size of tank and its inhabitants, fishes may develop hostility towards new entrants. My Flame Angel will chase Dispars but would leave my Orchid alone.

I suppose similarity of colouration does play a part.

Sunburst are known to be shy but since its feeding already, its up him/her now to stand its ground.

My first Sunburst from CF half a year ago was indirectly killed by my anthias. Good luck, bro. All the best, I cant remember whether it is Chris or somebody who has kept 2 Sunburst for quite a while....envy...envy

My first Sunburst from CF half a year ago was indirectly killed by my anthias. Good luck, bro. All the best, I cant remember whether it is Chris or somebody who has kept 2 Sunburst for quite a while....envy...envy

Hmmm my 1cm asunburst have been with me for quite a while...... Now ard 2cm and colour is much better... BTW sunburst are very timid fish that needs caves. Its a very timid fish unlike its cousin and will not do well with robust fish like tangs, damsel or even other anthias. It is hard to get it to feed but once start feeding, keeping it is a ease.