Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

• Senior Reefer

FTS.

The tank is still v young and haven't matured enough. So it still looks raw. Must thank my friends, they know who they are, for giving me and supplying me with so many nice coral frags and what not.

I am predominantly a fish person and only usually buy leftover corals. As such most of my corals are common and not so special. don't ask me the names of the SPS i have coz i know squat! :pinch::pinch:

Will update the FTS in a month or two time when the tank starts maturing slowly.

post-0-0-34560500-1379682031_thumb.png

post-0-0-48380700-1379682033_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer

My most prized fish.

This was a very unexpected surprise from Koji back in August, when my tank wasn't even ready. Because it came so early, i had trouble holding it. Thanks to fuel who kept this fish safely with him for months until my tank was ready.

Meiacanthus are easy fish but not always do they start out that way. This fish refused to eat anything for weeks, and when it finally did, it only ate fish eggs. it also came with internal parasites which rendered it unable to gain weight despite heavy feedings of fish eggs. treatment with praziquantel soaked fish eggs did most of the work, but still it refused to eat anything else. then suddenly one day, as if by magic, it begun eating pellets. it has gotten bolder and more greedy over the weeks and has finally gained weight back to normal now.

a most harrowing experience.

post-0-0-87296300-1379682299_thumb.png

Equally awesome fts as well as refugium and livestock.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

FTS.

The tank is still v young and haven't matured enough. So it still looks raw. Must thank my friends, they know who they are, for giving me and supplying me with so many nice coral frags and what not.

I am predominantly a fish person and only usually buy leftover corals. As such most of my corals are common and not so special. don't ask me the names of the SPS i have coz i know squat! :pinch::pinch:

Will update the FTS in a month or two time when the tank starts maturing slowly.

Nice !!!

U using MH? Can take a pic of ur Mh Hood? DIY or Done by Ah Heng or DE?

• SRC Member
My most prized fish. This was a very unexpected surprise from Koji back in August, when my tank wasn't even ready. Because it came so early, i had trouble holding it. Thanks to fuel who kept this fish safely with him for months until my tank was ready. Meiacanthus are easy fish but not always do they start out that way. This fish refused to eat anything for weeks, and when it finally did, it only ate fish eggs. it also came with internal parasites which rendered it unable to gain weight despite heavy feedings of fish eggs. treatment with praziquantel soaked fish eggs did most of the work, but still it refused to eat anything else. then suddenly one day, as if by magic, it begun eating pellets. it has gotten bolder and more greedy over the weeks and has finally gained weight back to normal now. a most harrowing experience.
Handsome fish!

• Senior Reefer

Equally awesome fts as well as refugium and livestock.

thanks!

Nice !!!

U using MH? Can take a pic of ur Mh Hood? DIY or Done by Ah Heng or DE?

yes using MH. no hood. i have asked Iwarna to DIY a screen for me to prevent wrasse jumping. it's very sleek and neat. i will update with pics later.

your tank is beautiful bro! u r the elegance king!

thanks nigel! hehe

Handsome fish!

thanks. indeed and i am pleased it is doing well

FTS.

extremely elegant tank and sweet scaping you've got bro! Love the very clean look that you have. I'm sure it will look even more awesome as the corals grow out

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• Senior Reefer

nice tank coming up!! :thumbsup:

thanks! i will try not to disappoint.

Lemons tank will always hv the lemon look. Lush corals, Aesthetic excellence, rare fish( coming up!) Btw don't tell me u didn't get the assarius ??

haha. i'm flattered lah thanks.

you think leh! i wouldn't be me if i did not get the assarius. at that price and size, a steal!

extremely elegant tank and sweet scaping you've got bro! Love the very clean look that you have. I'm sure it will look even more awesome as the corals grow out

thank you. the tank is still very new, look carefully and you can see hair algae. just a normal phase all tanks go through. i hope to update in future with a cleaner looking picture!

Hahaha.. he got it with the marginalis.

marginalis is forever my love and you know it terry! all my tanks must have a marginalis. i remember years ago i was at reborn talking to ah boy and flipping though the book, asking him to bring in marginalis for me. fast forward years now and marginalis is a staple. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

had some requests as to what lid or hood i'm using.

i am not using a hood, but a DIY tank cover to prevent my fish from jumping. the cover is made using an aluminium frame, DIY and fitted to the exact dimensions of the tank. there is a white screen net that is screwed onto the aluminium window. i did a comparison with egg crate.

egg crate cuts about 30%+ light penetration, whereas this screen cuts negligible amount of light. it is not as thick nor diffractive as egg crates, and it is very thin and the holes are not too small. the whole cover is very light, heat and rust proof, and effective. prevents fish jumping out, and keeps the light coming in.

i asked IWARNA to DIY this for me, and they are offering this service. it is not overly expensive considering the work man ship and the benefits compared to eggcrates. good investment for a long lasting and very useful product.

if you are keeping wrasses and SPS, then egg crates are a definite no. the egg crates are bulky, cuts too much light, and will brittle under prolong exposure to MH. not to mention the holes in eggcrates are not a guaranteed with jumping fish.

post-0-0-11184200-1380677940_thumb.png

post-0-0-61791900-1380677942_thumb.png

• SRC Member

Super like the scape.....wish I have the width

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

My most prized fish.

This was a very unexpected surprise from Koji back in August, when my tank wasn't even ready. Because it came so early, i had trouble holding it. Thanks to fuel who kept this fish safely with him for months until my tank was ready.

Meiacanthus are easy fish but not always do they start out that way. This fish refused to eat anything for weeks, and when it finally did, it only ate fish eggs. it also came with internal parasites which rendered it unable to gain weight despite heavy feedings of fish eggs. treatment with praziquantel soaked fish eggs did most of the work, but still it refused to eat anything else. then suddenly one day, as if by magic, it begun eating pellets. it has gotten bolder and more greedy over the weeks and has finally gained weight back to normal now.

a most harrowing experience.

sorry, this is a little out of point but somehow, this fish reminds me of a mini version of the freshwater giant toman or snakehead. Hehe

"Save a reef, grow your own"

had some requests as to what lid or hood i'm using.

i am not using a hood, but a DIY tank cover to prevent my fish from jumping. the cover is made using an aluminium frame, DIY and fitted to the exact dimensions of the tank. there is a white screen net that is screwed onto the aluminium window. i did a comparison with egg crate.

egg crate cuts about 30%+ light penetration, whereas this screen cuts negligible amount of light. it is not as thick nor diffractive as egg crates, and it is very thin and the holes are not too small. the whole cover is very light, heat and rust proof, and effective. prevents fish jumping out, and keeps the light coming in.

i asked IWARNA to DIY this for me, and they are offering this service. it is not overly expensive considering the work man ship and the benefits compared to eggcrates. good investment for a long lasting and very useful product.

if you are keeping wrasses and SPS, then egg crates are a definite no. the egg crates are bulky, cuts too much light, and will brittle under prolong exposure to MH. not to mention the holes in eggcrates are not a guaranteed with jumping fish.

Nice screen design but wouldn't the screen melt or deform under MH heat :rolleyes: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe