2012 weipro skimmer not skimmer well

giantbicycle

HI,, i got a weipro 2012 powered by a weipro pump 3000 .. The reasons is that the skimmer is not skimmer kopi-o .. NOr foam.. It is just producing very very little light brown liquid.. THe water level is near the neck.. (reason why i make it so high is because if i make it lower, there will be no skimmilate at all...

PLs advice on how to produce black foam .. thanks :thanks:

dun worry abt putting the water level low. the foam will pile up and overflow :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Could be your that there is not much stuff to skim. My weipro 2011 starts to give kopi-o a few hours after I feeding.

Also, Tanggy inspired me to mod my weipro to have the pump chop the air into fine bubbles. :lol::lol::lol:

Huh you mean you are using a bio-wheel impeller for your weipro? Last time I heard that caused the venturi to have problems injecting more bubbles...

• SRC Member

I wonder why recently got so many people having problems with their weipro?? Weipro 3000 pump provide 2400lt/hr should be more than enough. Either something is wrong or you guys got superlow bio load! ke ke.... here's some suggestions.

Got one suggestion so you can get more pressure. There is a reducer at the input siphon tube of the skimmer where you connect the pump hoose to the skimmer. remove it and connect the hoose directly so the flow will not be reduced. Connect correct size hoose from tube to pump. You can also shorten the tube to shorten the disten and improve the flow.

Also adjust the water level to be just below the black ring (kopi-o) or above the ring (green tea).

Maintain water level in main tank so setting in skimmer wont change and also maintain salinity.

Take note of the bubbles generated. should fill most of the chamber. also check your venturi to see if it is clog in any way.

Good luck! :D

• SRC Member

I dont get it, I had run the 2011, 2013 on an atman 104 & 306 (2000, 1800 lt/hr) and both give me verythick kopi. Even the 2014 I am running a eheim 1250 also give me kopi. Do you have any other pumps to try?? powerhead also can if it's rate 1800 one. In all cases I was able to get this much kopi.

And as you can see, my water level not even as high as others. about 1-2cm below the black ring.

post-17-1076402674.jpg