Ro di unit

Ccccz

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I thought of setting up a rodi unit. Plenty of info I have been researching but not much on the setup. May I know if I get one unit, is it diy installation or the merchant I buy from will install for me? Coz if DIY, I may have problem. Lol.

Also, any running cost( besides buying the replacement resin) like high water bills or high electricity bills to worry about? Thanks

Hi guys,

I thought of setting up a rodi unit. Plenty of info I have been researching but not much on the setup. May I know if I get one unit, is it diy installation or the merchant I buy from will install for me? Coz if DIY, I may have problem. Lol.

Also, any running cost( besides buying the replacement resin) like high water bills or high electricity bills to worry about? Thanks

You can get ZeRO RO/DI unit from Madpetz. It's simple just plug and play only.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

0 electricity involve.

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

i just got a unit from madpetz. setting up is easy. you just need to have a tap with thread to fix the adapter on.

running cost should be very low. you can perhaps think of ways about how to use the waste water from the unit because the RO unit will have certain rejection rates. and regarding electricity, you might need a booster pump if your water pressure from the tap is too low.

• SRC Member

I still contemplating between buying a unit or just buying water from farms. Anyone knows How much will 25litre jelly can of ro di water cost ? And where can I buy those big drum I think 250 litre? Can I pop a powerhead in it and keep for a prolong period say 2 months?

• SRC Member

I still contemplating between buying a unit or just buying water from farms. Anyone knows How much will 25litre jelly can of ro di water cost ? And where can I buy those big drum I think 250 litre? Can I pop a powerhead in it and keep for a prolong period say 2 months?

no matter what, a DI unit is definitely gonna cost u lesser in the long run, and save you ALOT of hassle..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Ya, perhaps I'll just set up 1 unit. I thought of engaging plumber to fix an extra tap in the toilet and pull get electrician to fix a power point so I run the powerhead. So troublesome. So toying with the idea of every week just lug in 2 x 25litre jelly can of rodi water and dump in a storage container may be simplier. Lol.

you dun need another tap, I am using a 1 inlet - 2 outlets adapter, using the same tap that is feeding my washing machine, the adapter comes with with two outlet valves in which you can turn off the incoming water when you are not using your RO/DI unit.

banner_9.aspx?id=kraken&t=8

• SRC Supporter

i just got a unit from madpetz. setting up is easy. you just need to have a tap with thread to fix the adapter on.

running cost should be very low. you can perhaps think of ways about how to use the waste water from the unit because the RO unit will have certain rejection rates. and regarding electricity, you might need a booster pump if your water pressure from the tap is too low.

Hi, can check where to get booster pumps and also how can it be attached to the tap or RO/DI unit?

Thanks.