Mandarin dragonet spawning

Forgotten to feed my fishes today, thus fed them before light out and notice something abt this pair of Mandarin dragonet.

They kept swimming around seems to be looking for a spot.

After following them for 30mins they spawned.....now what ?

Anyone tried Breeding Mandarin before ? :D

(dun mind the blurred photos as the light were kinda dim as it was near to lights off timing)

Swimming around

10294461065_0d8837de08_z.jpg

swimming around again, loot at the fat belly

10295258943_3d516c2136_z.jpg

Cuddling up

10295118076_8123b01602_z.jpg

10295098845_59ec33670d_z.jpg

Showing her fat Belly again

10294986614_315171751a_z.jpg

MOONDANCING !!!

10295071785_98c0d853f6_c.jpg

Eggs .....

10295076335_1674087a60_z.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Member

awesome milestone!!!

a bigger milestone to achieve is for the eggs to hatch and get ready rotifiers to feed the hatchlings...

I'm also waiting for my pair to complete the dating stage.

btw, is your pair feeding on pods or frozen food trained?

you can spend some time reading and research on how the US folks are doing it...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824111

Hope to read more on your breeding log here!

awesome milestone!!!

a bigger milestone to achieve is for the eggs to hatch and get ready rotifiers to feed the hatchlings...

I'm also waiting for my pair to complete the dating stage.

btw, is your pair feeding on pods or frozen food trained?

you can spend some time reading and research on how the US folks are doing it...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824111

Hope to read more on your breeding log here!

Thanks Bro,

Actually i have no idea if they are feeding on pods. dun really see any on the glass.

But one thing for sure they definitely feed on frozen mysis and brine shrimp. They are slow eater but they always gets to eat. Never trained them and they dun need my special attention as well just gotta make sure they are in the tank everyday haha.

• SRC Member

ok so they did it again tonite and was caught on camera. seems like they spawned almost the same timing as yesterday.

ok so they did it again tonite and was caught on camera. seems like they spawned almost the same timing as yesterday.

Since they practiced pelagic spawning, did you manage to scope out the floating fertilised eggs???

I will wait for the 'moments' and scope them out. Remember to turn off the wave makers too.

Since they practiced pelagic spawning, did you manage to scope out the floating fertilised eggs???

I will wait for the 'moments' and scope them out. Remember to turn off the wave makers too.

yeah all the pumps and waver maker were off when the spawned.

Scooped out the eggs a few mins after they spawned.

Attached is a pic of the egg. i think this is last nights batch.

I doubt they can make it. haven seen anything from the first batch ...

10324318765_261fe11b51_z.jpg

• SRC Member

Well done, dude. I think there's still a chance for them to hatch since they are fertilize. I hope you are housing them in a safe environment such as your refug. Start culturing rotifiers for the babies...u will need them soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well done, dude. I think there's still a chance for them to hatch since they are fertilize. I hope you are housing them in a safe environment such as your refug. Start culturing rotifiers for the babies...u will need them soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i place the eggs in a breeder box with sponges on both side of the opening in the main tank. hmm seriously i have no idea how they are suppose to look like without a microscope like those in the links. the eggs are already so small, dunno even if they hatch i can see anot. Placing tonight batch in a jar instead.

wah!!! your pair very sexually active man.

envy you leh...

if your breeding project is successful, I'm keen to buy some of the hatchlings from you (if you are willing to let go).

camping here for more updates.

haha some time u need some luck :D , wah u thinking so far ahead liao ah. let see if they hatch first.