Tuan's tank

tuan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The depth...the depth... :blink: I think that's what makes a nice tank - depth. Really good to do more realistic aquascapes.

Now, where can I put a 4 ft depth tank...... :lol:

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

:bow::bow::bow:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Yep, the depth makes a huge difference! In my madness, I knocked a hole through the wall into the garage and converted the whole garage into a fish room. That's how I can fit 4ft depth in there, plus another 4 tanks all connected together.

The tank is just under a year old at this stage, most of the corals are grown from captive raised frags.

IMG_0175.jpg

The depth...the depth... :blink: I think that's what makes a nice tank - depth. Really good to do more realistic aquascapes.

Now, where can I put a 4 ft depth tank...... :lol:

Come on marinebetta, don't kid yourself. Even if I gave you one now, you won't set it up till next year! :lol:

Alfa,

Nice of you to say so, but I'll have to decline I'm afraid. At the moment, my tank's "wow factor" is mainly due to the size and technical aspect of it, but not anywhere near in the same league as AT's well grown out tank. It's not ready yet - needs a good year or so of growing!

AT,

There are 3 lighting zones:-

Left most third, the SPS zone is lit by 2x 400w MH (14KK) with Spiderlight reflectors. Aligned perpendicular to the tank.

Middle zone only has one 400w MH, offset towards the back, to cover the rocky bommie with the anemone and some SPS ( Acropora, Montipora and Tubinara ).

Right end is the LPS zone, with one 400MH placed higher up to spread the light more.

Additionally there are 4x 54w T5s (6.5KK) running 2/3rd the length of the tank, from right hand side inwards, and 2 x 80w T5s actinics.

All the lights are on a DIY rig, that can slide out of the way and raised up and down so I can get in for maintenance.

Hmmm... you have a rig too? My whole lighting setup is on a rail to slide away from my tank and can be adjusted up and down too. :lol:

You ought to try the Diamond Lumenarc II reflectors for your single 400MH, they are awesome but too big for even my tank. I'm using spiderlight reflectors too.

First of all, wow - your have a great looking tank :)

Now, my big question- your webby doesnt mention a skimmer. Are you telling me you are running the heck of a gorgoeus system with just a LR, DSB and a fuge ?

Yeah - website a bit tattered, not finished yet.

Running twin Deltec 902 skimmers. There's also a big refugia growing macro algae for export too.