My little nano tank, 42Lx42Wx45H

kohanson

I have a current small pico marine tank that I started since June this year. This tank is running on GEX glassterior 300 and is only 13l. It was initially meant for me to keep shrimps but I decided to venture into Marine tanks. It is still running and is equipped with Eheim liberty 200 with Rowaphos, seachem matrix and biohomme as Media. I decided to change to a slightly bigger tank because the salinity of this small tank change quite dramatically whenever the water evaporates. I do not want to affect my corals and fishes health. Therefore, I visited Aquarium Artist last weekend to custom make a 42x42x45 8mm tank with 38cm 6mm cube sump. Due to my limited space and the location I want to place my tank, this is the max size that I can place comfortably. Vincent told me that the tank will probably be ready by 1st week of December. The equipments and items that I am planning for are:

1. Eheim universal pump 1250 (bought)

2. Maxspect Razor nano (bought)

3. Jebao WP25 wavemaker (bought)

4. Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer

5. Red Sea Coral Pro

6. No chiller

I am intending to keep soft corals and LPS. No photos at this moment as the tank is not ready yet.

I welcome all comments please!

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Hi bro, what brand of auto top up do you recommend? I have limited space around my cabinet.

Gemsurfs also sells ato device. U can chk with them. They r one of the sponsors here.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Hi,

Just started my nano tank too.

44x40x40 crystal tank 10mm (custom made)

No sump.

These are my equipments;

Totto Hang on 7 stage filter

1) mechanical sponge

2) sera siporax mini

3) seachem matrix

4) biohome plus

5) chemi pure elite

6) totto active carbon

7) totto np reducer

(Haha.. I put a lot of rubbish in that 7 stage)

TLF Phosban 150 with bio pellets

Tunze 9004 protein skimmer

JBJ 1/15hp chiller with eheim 1248

With chiller, evaporation rate is slower than fan cooling. I only top up 1L every week.

My parameters are ideal.

0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, nitrate, phosphate

Hi,

No sump.

These are my equipments;

1) mechanical sponge

2) sera siporax mini

3) seachem matrix

4) biohome plus

5) chemi pure elite

6) totto active carbon

7) totto np reducer

With chiller, evaporation rate is slower than fan cooling. I only top up 1L every week.

My parameters are ideal.

Any photos or videos to share?

I have a nano tank now and is thinking for doing a small custom made tank too. How much is the cost for your new tank?

I am looking at similiar pump and light. How much did you pay for Eheim universal pump 1250 and Maxspect Razor nano? Doing some cost planning now.

think the tunze nano osmolator would be great for ur set up.

Ok bro, will take a look at that. Anywhere to purchase the osmolator? I have limited space and everything have to fit within the cabinet.

Gemsurfs also sells ato device. U can chk with them. They r one of the sponsors here.

Thanks bro, will check out Gemsurfs.

Hi,

No sump.

These are my equipments;

1) mechanical sponge

2) sera siporax mini

3) seachem matrix

4) biohome plus

5) chemi pure elite

6) totto active carbon

7) totto np reducer

My parameters are ideal.

Haha, the hang on filter has lots of good stuff in it. But will it be a nitrate factory? Probably have to clean them weekly?

I have a nano tank now and is thinking for doing a small custom made tank too. How much is the cost for your new tank?

I am looking at similiar pump and light. How much did you pay for Eheim universal pump 1250 and Maxspect Razor nano? Doing some cost planning now.

Hi bro, the setup for the tank cost 700 from Vincent, Aquarium Artist. It comes with 8mm float glass, 6mm sump, overflow, pipings + durso piping, cabinet which you can choose the type of laminate. It actually cost 680 but I asked for a different type of laminate for the cupboard and the black foam below the glass and need to pay additional 20. The Eheim 1250 cost 137 from seaview and the Maxspect Nano cost 380 from DeLightings. Might be able to get some discount if you ask the boss.

This picture was taken when my tank arrived.

As you can see, i have very limited space to work with.

tank on the left, chiller on the right.

skimmer inside, filter and reactor behind.

Nice, I don't even have space for chiller. Haha. Unless there is one below the height of 22cm which includes the piping as my tv console is quite low. Will post a pic of the location of my new tank.

This is the location where I am placing my new tank. My subwoofer will be shifted to the other side. Max space is 42.5cm and anything above that, it will not flush with the wall.

post-19138-0-07953100-1383739131_thumb.j

My tank is placed on top of my washing machine cabinet. Previously, I had an oven there.

Feng shui. Bo Bian.. Make do with the space lor. Lucky still can find a baby chiller. Size all the equipment placing then maximized the tank dimension.

If only my lucky spot in my living room. ;(

So far my filter n bio pellets are doing fine. No nitrate n phosphate. I only use 50g of NP.

I wash my mechanical sponge weekly. The rest no touch.

Are you going to have more reef or fish?

If reef, no chiller very tough.. Very hard to bring temperature down to 27deg by fan cooling. Unless u on air-con 24/7.

I buy most of my equipments and test kit from serangoon petmart. Very cheap. 10-20% cheaper than FnM prices. But must pay cash.

Some of the product he may not have ex stock but can order anything from him. I recently ordered several Salifert test kits from him, which he usually don't sell.

Thanks bro for your advise. What is the size of your chiller and how much you bought for? Wow, perfect, 0 nitrate and phosphate. I am thinking of soft corals and LPS. Fishes max will be 6 i guess. Already have 2 clowns, 1 yellowtail damsel and 1 bicolour dottyback. All feeding on NLS thera +A. Do you have petmart number? So far my pico tank is hovering at 27.5-28.5 degrees with a dymax fan.

U can SMS Ben @ 9450 0947.

My chiller is Arctica DBI-050-D (1/15hp or 900btu) good for most nano tank up to 60gal. W19.6xD32.0xH35.8

Retail is $880 u can check from FnM. I got it less than $800. Even cheaper than NA.

Chiller has the highest power consumption. I would pay more for a more efficient one. For my 50+L tank. It only run 15mins and stop for 60-75mins.

I have 2 paired crown, 1 cleaning shrimp, 1 diamond goby, 1 mandarin dragonet n 4 snails.

Wanted to add 1 more baby Sohal Tank.. But scare they grow too fast. Can't get angels cos not reef safe. Sigh..

Guess I'll just have to settle with dart or gamma.

I highly recommend pet mart cos my haliea chiller, maxspect razor and ehiem pump all get from him and are significantly cheaper and the boss tell me dun let razali know how much I bought the razor from him wait he complain pet mart spoil market. But they only accept cash.

I highly recommend pet mart cos my haliea chiller, maxspect razor and ehiem pump all get from him and are significantly cheaper and the boss tell me dun let razali know how much I bought the razor from him wait he complain pet mart spoil market. But they only accept cash.

Mind PM the price.

Sry TS borrow your thread.

U can SMS Ben @ 9450 0947. My chiller is Arctica DBI-050-D (1/15hp or 900btu) good for most nano tank up to 60gal. W19.6xD32.0xH35.8 Retail is $880 u can check from FnM. I got it less than $800. Even cheaper than NA. Chiller has the highest power consumption. I would pay more for a more efficient one. For my 50+L tank. It only run 15mins and stop for 60-75mins. I have 2 paired crown, 1 cleaning shrimp, 1 diamond goby, 1 mandarin dragonet n 4 snails. Wanted to add 1 more baby Sohal Tank.. But scare they grow too fast. Can't get angels cos not reef safe. Sigh.. Guess I'll just have to settle with dart or gamma.
Nice, and the chiller is quite ex. Haha. Will check out the dimensions and see if I got any space to house the chiller below my tv console.
Hey bro putting the tank on your TV console and further more is suspended, can the weight withstand? I notice ur TV is next to your tank and beware of salt deposits that may damage your electronic device...
Hey bro, the current tank is 13 litres. Haha. The new tank will be placed at the area where my subwoofer is located, away from the electrical equipments. The tank should be ready by 1st week of Dec.
Kk.
Mind PM the price. Sry TS borrow your thread.
Same, can PM me the price also.

You can try researching thermoelectric chiller. As there is no refrigerant, you can flip side ways. There is one from gemsurfs. Dimension L14.0xB30.0xH21.5 Good for 16gal or 70L. May fit under ur TV console just nice with 5mm spare.. Haha.. Or there's ice probe thermoelectric chiller. You can put it in ur sump. But need to drill a hold to put the probe in. Never tried thermoelectric before, not sure of their performance.

• Like 1

I paid $280 for my full crystal 44x40x40 (10mm)

Normal glass will cost less than half of the price

Due to space constraint, I am also limited to 40cm depth which many senior reefers said it's too narrow. Length wise I can go 2 feet.

Does your $280 include the cabinet and sump?

I guess the price excludes the cabinet and sump as the cabinet alone will cost maybe 200.