My tank w/o live rocks now....

braincoral

• SRC Member

Tank w/o LR will b like tanks with fishes for sale in LFS.. Look wise depend on individual..

indeed of disposing the LR, why not cure them..

btw, what is AEFW?..

beneficial bacteria will also be missing.. got to change water very frequently depend on ur bio-load..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

con is you cant keep fishes that need a hiding place.. i.e some wrasse, gobies, blennies...

IMO i dont think it is a need to have LR to house your beneficial bacteria and neither does it become uncycled. i'm sure you have your sump with bioballs/ ceramic rings/ biological filter that houses the necessary bacteria.

Bro Kenyee, AEFW = Acropora Eating Flatworms.. &^#@%!^# pests among SPS

Moorish Idol has to be the most beautiful fish ever! :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

con is you cant keep fishes that need a hiding place.. i.e some wrasse, gobies, blennies...

IMO i dont think it is a need to have LR to house your beneficial bacteria and neither does it become uncycled. i'm sure you have your sump with bioballs/ ceramic rings/ biological filter that houses the necessary bacteria.

Bro Kenyee, AEFW = Acropora Eating Flatworms.. &^#@%!^# pests among SPS

thanks bro for the explanation..

for a empty tank, must watch what fish to keep also..cannot anyhow put..some will chase n stress the weaker fish and will eventually rip..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

It's like a qt tank now. Bacteria can also live in your water column. Regular WC & replenish of bacteria thru dosing of liquid bacteria will helps to keep ur tank clean.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Hi braincoral, it is possible to keep SPS without LR at all.

You can refer to this thread, this reefer is keeping SPS without LR. Hope this will inspire you like I did.

You really have to take a look.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1920386

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• 4 weeks later...