How to train a clownfish to host anemone

kohanson

Hi all, just to share that I manage to train my clownfish to host the anemone within 30 mins. I googled on this topic and have seen people showing photos and videos to their clownfish and they managed to get their clowns to host the anemone! I decided to give it a try as its just showing them pictures and videos. I went to youtube and get those videos with huge anemone with the clownfish in it and put my ipad directly infront of the fish for 30mins. My 2 clowns were bought from T95 a week ago and they keep hanging at the front of the tank and my tank has been running since end of May.

http://youtu.be/2fWl_99RwyY

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Just to share my second day of training. I took the video before I started showing the clownfish the video and within minutes, they go to the anemone! Haha

http://youtu.be/vzQOkd9A_EE

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I caught my clowns and kept them in a container ( the type you use at the sink to keep cutlery, toothbrush etc, can get from DAISO). Then, after acclimatising the anemone, released it into the container with the clowns in the evening. Then later, lights out, and next morning, mission accomplished.

• 4 months later...