quas111's beast tank 2013

Quas111

• SRC Member

Just had a bristle star problem with the sea fan. The polyps weren't extending and I saw 2-3 normal tiny bristle worms I removed them, and when i removed them i noticed that there was 30-40 red bristles which probably ate them. hypersalinity got rid of them but the fan did get some burns. Hope it will recover fine :(

And those who bought a sea fan from Iwarna the second latest shipment, be alert!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sorry for not posting so actively, but I have been undergoing a phosphate-cyano problem recently, and found out that mysis shrimp gets caught in the wave maker causing it to decay in the tank.

I have started a zoo wall to cover the overflow box Posted Image

A slug/nudi collection:

Posted Image

Lettuce nudi

Posted Image

Pink cucumber

Posted Image

Unknown slug(not nudi as it doesn't have the feathers on its back) it has a nice blue fluorescence too

2 part fts

Posted Image

Right

Posted Image

Left

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I rescaped the whole tank recently because of the lack of surface area to put much corals. Here are some pics. I also got quite a few more corals but I guess it's still far from completionPosted ImagePosted Image as promised it is a mixed reef. Now its still too early for me to host sps so that's the only type of coral not in the tank yet. Else there's mostly lps, a nps(tube anem, sponge and sea fan), multiple softies, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also starting a collection of tiny colorful blennies and whatever else but no pics for now

• SRC Member
Posted Imagejust set up the triton system. So far so good but kh is on the low side (6.5) so I'm gonna have to bump that up. I may be able to put sps in within a month :D gotta get it stable then I'm set to go!

• SRC Member

Posted Imagethe algae blenny hosting a leather(he really hosts it when he's resting he is always there)

Posted Image

And the pink skunk in an anemone. Funny how he doesn't share it with his mated pair lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

It's time for some updates :D

first a fts of course:

Posted Image

Bts:

Posted Image

Some zoos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mushroom garden:

Posted Image

Torch coral:

Posted Image

Torch and elegance coral:

Posted Image

New clams:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Open brains:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rbta:

Posted Image

large mushroom and yuma:

Posted Image

Plate coral and tube nem:

Posted Image

Acans:

Posted Image

Cloves:

Posted Image

And lastly, a large sponge and trumpet:

Posted Image

• SRC Member

Great looking tank. Bro care to share how the triton system works?

Can't find much info on it. Maintenance became much easier now?

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

@metaphor thanks!

You have to dose an equal amount of the three chemicals a day and test the kh. Initially it's trial and error to get the correct level. The magnesium and calcium levels balance themselves to its a lot easier than testing them individually. Only thing is that you must have a natural sea water water change right before you start the system else it won't work properly

• SRC Member

@metaphor thanks!

You have to dose an equal amount of the three chemicals a day and test the kh. Initially it's trial and error to get the correct level. The magnesium and calcium levels balance themselves to its a lot easier than testing them individually. Only thing is that you must have a natural sea water water change right before you start the system else it won't work properly

• SRC Member

@metaphor thanks!

Sounds very interesting. I have read the method through their official website but can't really figure out how it works.

Shall wait for your updates to see if this method really good =)

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Sounds very interesting. I have read the method through their official website but can't really figure out how it works.

Shall wait for your updates to see if this method really good =)

oh okay the method is quite new in Singapore so I'm also unsure of how good it is. Once the chemicals finish I will continue the method if it works well :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hmm it has been really long since I posted something here so I guess it's about time

Fts:

Posted Image

Bts:

Posted Image

Mushroom rock:

Posted Image

Some sps:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My zoa collection(I didnt take photos of my sunny delight frag and captain america because they are currently closed from feeding):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a picture of everything

Posted Image

Oh and I got a ultra bleached coral from an lfs a months ago and now it's a blend of orange(dominant), green(dominant), red and purple. Can anyone help me id I it?

Posted Image

It's now my most favourite coral other than the zoas and I intend to collect more so pls help :)

• SRC Member

very Good..Progression..!..awesome Tank :D..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Hmm it has been really long since I posted something here so I guess it's about time Fts: ze6yqajy.jpg Bts: 9ase4y2a.jpg Mushroom rock: vy5upu6a.jpg Some sps: hadu9ygy.jpgumy2ejag.jpg My zoa collection(I didnt take photos of my sunny delight frag and captain america because they are currently closed from feeding): nuhu4ysy.jpga6ugy8u2.jpgga9eru7a.jpga9asamag.jpgeru2yqa6.jpg5uma8asa.jpgby8e4ehe.jpgujypabyd.jpge6upety5.jpguda7unut.jpg And a picture of everything y6uha3y6.jpg Oh and I got a ultra bleached coral from an lfs a months ago and now it's a blend of orange(dominant), green(dominant), red and purple. Can anyone help me id I it? epuzytet.jpg It's now my most favourite coral other than the zoas and I intend to collect more so pls help :)
Favia if I'm not wrong.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Hi bro! nice tank! Is that a rock specially for frag plugs on the 2nd last pic? lower left. or just where u had them initially?

the rock is for future zoas. The Rock where they are on now was also like that before I put the frags into the holes

@ashwin thanks :D@admiraltan thanks! After looking online I think it's a favia but the type also appears under pictures searched for micromussa so im not so sure

Micromussa is fleshier compared to favia when inflated especially around the skirting area. Think micromussa as a smaller version of blastomussa.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Micromussa is fleshier compared to favia when inflated especially around the skirting area. Think micromussa as a smaller version of blastomussa.

OK thanks! It's probably a favite then