Emperor angelfish with orange spot filefish and Duncan coral

ml708

• SRC Member

I currently have 6 juvenile orange spot filefish in my sps tank together with a sea apple and Duncan coral. Thought of introducing a small emperor angelfish around 4-5in long to the tank, but I'm not sure if it will be aggressive towards the filefish and bite my corals and sea apple. From what I heard the angelfish normally targets brain coral so would this be safe?

Orange spot filefish is very difficult to keep alive. Local death rate of this fish in captivity is 99.99%.

Adding an emperor angelfish will accelerate the demise of the orange spot filefish.

I would suggest removing the orangespot filefish and keep the emperor angelfish instead. Emperor angelfish is easier and more longlived.

Emperor will do ok with the duncans.

It is still better to get them wean on to pellets and mysis which is possible and also to ensure they dun wipe out the sps as these fishes will not finish up the whole sps, they actually know to attack parts of the sps and give recover time for the sps to regrow..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Yeah, I've coated acro frags with ocean gel and will feed them in the morning with it. Hopefully they will be more interested in it than my sps! They really like the Bali green slimer, ate like 50% of one of my 4in coral in less than a week!

• SRC Member

I believe its nutritious as I have fed the same food to my duncan and it grew. Its called Henry's reef gourmet, not sure if you have heard of it. Has zooplankton, crustaceans, spirulina, probiotics etc.

• SRC Member
Henry sells frozen gel food?I thought it's frozen food...Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Actually u can thaw henrys reef gourmet n mix it with unflavoured standard gelatin to bind the food n make it gel like.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• 2 weeks later...