Is this safe?

• SRC Member

looks like a nudibranch. does it have like feathers or hair on e back? if it does probably a zoa nudi, i had a big headache with those they will eat the zoas and they reproduce fairly quickly. can use a wrasse to eat them

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

looks like a nudibranch. does it have like feathers or hair on e back? if it does probably a zoa nudi, i had a big headache with those they will eat the zoas and they reproduce fairly quickly. can use a wrasse to eat them

This sound scary.

I saw it in that position earlier and couldn't monitor much as need to rush to workplace.

Half of it body was already in one of the zoas mouth..

I gotta check it out again when reach home.

Six line wrasse will do?

• SRC Member

Get melanurus wrasse. Best. My yellow coris dont eat nudis at all.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

The photo shows a small conch in the middle of the zoa. I've not heard of zoa-eating conch but to be safe remove it. Snail-wise, the sundial snail is the confirmed eater of zoas.

This page will be of help... http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=384

• Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Looks like a harmless snail, not a zoa predator. It might have been irritating the zoas by crawling all over them. My large turbo snails and cucumber do this all the time but it's only temporary. The zoas are fine.

yes agree.. It could have irritate the zoas. Thanks for the input Bro..

• SRC Member

Nudibranch. Generally bad news... Look for ribbon like threads those are the eggs.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Nudibranch. Generally bad news... Look for ribbon like threads those are the eggs.

I caught one more that is squeezing inside a zoas head..

Bro, Is there anyway that I can take out the small rock with the zoas to do some cleaning or etc?

Btw, can help to provide me example picture of the eggs?

Thanks..

Is the whitish lump/'silicon' the eggs?

post-20343-0-73689900-1389892192_thumb.p