Mp3 player?

ah^siao

• SRC Member

Its better to get a harddrive player rather than go for a CD Player. IPod is one of the leaders in this. Iriver also good. The biggest drawback with the ipod is that we cannot replace the battery. Look out for Ipod mini. Think launching in April.

I am using Iriver IMP-350 and i am quite happy with it. If budget permits, i will go for ipod or iriver harddrive player. Also creative is catching up now.

• SRC Member

I like Zen NX because it can display chinese and japanese which is relevant to me but not to all.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I love me iPod.... 40Gig.... "Hey Mama.."

going to get the smaller one soon.. a friend is sending it to me to try.... it is rumored that you can actually strap it to your arm and then just jog with it... or hit the gym... very thin... CC size... 4Gig.... Hmmm.. :lol:

• SRC Member

ya there is a product selling wad? the strap that is used to strap the ipod to the wrist?

wahahz 40gb one sia? i'm looking at 20gb only... 5000 songs is alot le... 10000songs can play 24/7 non stop sia.. but battery life kinda short benz..? i heard it is only 8 hours?

• SRC Member
just get a discman. CDs are still the way for me to go . !! :P

5000 songs. U going to be pressiing " NEXT TRACK" for a pretty long time

You can navigate and select the songs based on folder, artist etc. Even you can make your own playlist of favourite songs. I feel 30 or 40GB is too much. May be Ipod mini(4GB) will be ideal choice.

• SRC Member
just get a discman. CDs are still the way for me to go . !! :P

5000 songs. U going to be pressiing " NEXT TRACK" for a pretty long time

never use jukebox or iPod before? .. can search lah.. by playlist or songs...

BTW forget about the Zen NX..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

I have the ipod (5,000 songs!! YahOO!!)

BUT

The biggest irritating drawback is the 8-hour battery life. Many others are having at least 10 hours, but then in order to pack so much in such a tiny package they had to sacrifice on battery size.

Overall I am still VERY happy with my purchase because I get inspired just by looking at its sleek design. Sound quality is good enough for your headphones. Downloading is also very fast on USB2. It also doubles up as a portable hard-disk!

Other jukebox type players, like Zen, are too bulky for me and lose out on the design.

Took me some time to finally decide on buying it but i did anyway and no regrets - except for battery life. If I had known the mini was coming out I would have waited... :angry:

• SRC Member
realistically speaking, will you be able to listen to 5000 songs in one sitting? without recharging the batteries? the batteries will probably conk out before you can reach track 425.

I still go for CDs but my discman broke down so I got a MD to replace it.

my five cents.

realistically speaking, I can listen to different song everyday.. I may not listen to every song but I will have a choice of listening to many songs without the fuss of deleting and resync songs everyday. So what if one do not listen to 100% of the 1000 or 5000 songs? At least they listen to 20% - 50% of them.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

harddrive based is the way to go...

flash media is too expensive and limited capacity.. only if you got the $$ to get a 1 - 2gb stick.. heheh

(I dun even consider MD players a valid MP3 player.. :P)

realistically speaking, I can listen to different song everyday.. I may not listen to every song but I will have a choice of listening to many songs without the fuss of deleting and resync songs everyday. So what if one do not listen to 100% of the 1000 or 5000 songs? At least they listen to 20% - 50% of them.

you can do that with MDs as well. although the media to carry is a pain in the butt. but by doing that, wouldn't you be depleting your battery source? I did talk to a friend in school today regarding his IPod battery life and. even he said he will hit 500 plus songs before a) his battery dies B) gets sian.

if you don't get sian, I wonder who wouldn't.

then again. its a good excuse to get the IPod when I go to Australia to study next year. hmm. can "bring" my 200+ CDs there. hmm.