blue tangs

currently i have a yellow tang and a sailfin tang in my aquarium. they get along with each other pretty well as they were introduce at the same time

is it safe to buy a blue tang now? will they fight and bully the blue tang?

• SRC Member

currently i have a yellow tang and a sailfin tang in my aquarium. they get along with each other pretty well as they were introduce at the same time

is it safe to buy a blue tang now? will they fight and bully the blue tang?

Hit or miss..Actually i personally woudlnt..as the sailfin will fight...also bluetangs will get stressed easily and might get ich outbreak bro..btw how big is your tank? to house 3 tangs hopefully its bigggg....Btw how long has the yellow tang and sailfin been in the DT?..If you still wish too..rearanging..LR Will also help............. introducing at night also can help..Good luck ..Bro! :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Difficult to say but my own experience with introducing another tang has been bad. Though in my case I tried to introduce a bigger yellow tang with a small purple tang in the tank.

Currently I have a 4-inch yellow tang, and I just bought a 3-inch sailfin tang and a 2-inch blue tang. I am keeping both the sailfin and blue tang together in a breeding box inside my display tank. They are getting along very well and also feeding well. However, I am quite worried that the yellow tang will bully the blue tang when I release it eventually, because it is so small... Any advice on when and how I should release it?

Also, sometimes I see the blue tang lying against the wall of the breeding box, and I am wondering if the current is too strong. Is it normal for it to "rest" once in a while? Or is that a sign that it is very stressed? It looks okay otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee's Aquarium

Dimensions:

L 180cm x H 60cm x W 50cm (approx. 540L)

Other Specifications:

MAXSPECT Razor 300W 16K

EHEIM 1264 return pump

VERTEX Omega 150 skimmer

JEBAO WP40 wavemaker x2

HAILEA 1/4HP chiller

D-D H2Ocean FR (Rowaphos + Biopellets)

I just added a blue tang (tiny little thing) into my tank with a medium sized yellow tang. Left it in a breeding box for a couple of days and fed it lots of garlic and food. It has been slightly less than a week since I have released it and so far so good. No fighting at all. Maybe it's the breeding tank which allowed the yellow tang to recognise the new addition. Or maybe i was just lucky. Good luck anyway. Hope this helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most tangs fight each other quite often n sometimes they play together. Naso tangs are normally more well behave towards other fishes as well as human.

My naso like me to rub its head during feeding. Once my blue tang was dying from ich lying on its side on bottom. The naso kept coming to nudge it to upright. So touch. Eventually my blue tang survived.

Tangs can live very long. My blue n naso tang bought on 1 jan 2001.

Naso lived till 2011. Blue tang still going strong today. My friend passed his 2inch purple tang to me in 2004. Its still alive but not too strong..short sighted n faded color.