doctor warsse

• SRC Member

For advance aquarist only. Needs constant feeding. Better leave in the oceans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

hi bro,

cleaner wrasse are very difficult to keep..they usually have poor survival rate in captivity unless you have a huge tank with many fishes..

they need to eat parasite from fishes some don t eat pellet or mysis some will..sometime is luck also ;)

i have try many times, some lived for 3 weeks, some 3 month, my current one still with me after 1 year..

cheers

• SRC Member

I Had One cleaner Wrasse for 2+Years cleanes everyone in the tank gets feed 4xdaily..beacause i have 21 anthias..otherwise he just goobles up pellet food very Hardworking fish..my tangs look like they enjoy thee clean....he is still alive today bought from Batu Karang Laut KL

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

2 Year Old Fat Doctor Fish :P

post-23186-0-59038600-1394721557_thumb.j

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

but the hawaii verson is so beautifull..saw few at TFC..Didnt Ask The Price Tho..:)..Good Luck Bro TNB

• SRC Member

If you like the colouration and pattern of cleaner wrasse, you can consider the similar neon goby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

The previous post was perfect.

Digiman is right,these fish should be left out in the sea,where they should belong.

After my cleaner wrasse was killed,[Previous page],I stopped buying them as you can NEVER sustain these guys.Unless you have like a GIGANTIC aquarium with large fishes like Tangs,Large Angels,Butterflies,Pilotfish and so on.

Do not buy as mentioned above.

steak pls

Mine perfectly doing Gd!!

Any one that survives marks the death of several hundreds or even thousands.

Your surviving specimen does not justify and should not encourage any reefer to try one.

Furthermore update here again if your fish is still doing well after half a year.

They usually waste away, sometimes very slowly, in our tank.

However if anyone feels strongly that you need this fish in your tank and want to try, please go for Dimidiatus (Common cleaner wrasse), which is the hardiest of the Labroides genus.

So far those rare success cases come from Dimidiatus. Others, especially the very popular Phthirophagus (Hawaiian cleaner wrasse), are near impossible to keep alive.